Bulk Food Saver Bags

Sounds good but I don't use the large bags so much.
Put me down for a batch anyway.

What I would think is ordering a pile of the quart ones or something like that. Buy them by the thousand and save. I go thru hundreds of bags every year or more. I don't think the gallon ones are that usefull. I could order a bunch and have them here in the spring. Just in time for fishing season. If its a good idea..

My foodsaver seems to be suffering. Its a couple years old and doesn't suck like it use to and it seems to need to cool offf after every few bags. Might be time for a new one. These bags would save on the wear and tear of the machine forsure.

Look at the sizes guys If have used the quart sized ones for steaks and pork tenderlions from costco and 2 pound fillet chunks of salmon. Laura pointed out my dad gave me a couple last year. Must have been after a couple family drinks...Then the bags a bit larger..There is the large sizes that to me are the wrong size unless you are packing roasts.

But the first 2 sizes look great.

Owen: my wife and I have done the math and checked the sizes and we would be in for 300 quart bags or any portion above or below that that you would need for the price break. Let me know what you have decided. Mike

My math comes out to 18.9 cents a bag-still a great price. Usually runs a little less than a dollar a foot at Costco which is the equivalent of a 1 qt bag. Yeah if you wouldn't mind -could drop over and see if my machine will handle it-unless you have a stock food saver machine and are happy-no sense in that case.Let me know

I would be interested in 300 qt. +/-. I see that shipping to Canada for larger quantities is not listed. Shipping to the States (WA) is >$41 and via UPS. Could be a problem.

I am not good at math so maybe I am messing up but is 1200/$227 not 5.29 cents. Can't be so yes I do not know math. But I can catch fish.

Any ways as for shipping I was going to send them to my folks home in AZ and have the bring them home in Mar./Apr. Plus buying in bulk might cut the shipping charges down.

I failed all my university calculus courses, but I'm pretty sure its 227/1200 or about $0.19 plus shipping. In any event, with the favourable shipping arrangements it looks good to me. Timing is good too.

Dam you guys are smart. Now if Tortuga,Spring Fever,Copper Moon(who I don't know) and my self bought bags.. See bulk buying for spring time could work out good for all of us. I like that.

not worried about cash just want every one to get in on this if they know me and want to. And yes Copper Moon I will include you if you still like. I don't mind having extras. You should see the 1500 slamon bags I bought 4 years ago. I use them all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers,

I have gone exclusively to pre-packaged bags for vacuum bagging fish. I use big ones for fillets and small ones for salmon steaks and smoked salmon/candied salmon. They are much quicker to use, I find I don't have to worry about making the second seal (and having it leak), I don't waste as much product as I found I either made the bag too big or too small and, finally, having the same sized bags helps them stack much nicer in the freezer. I won't be going back to the rolls any time in the foreseeable future. I would go in on this purchase but I received my last order of 1500 bags in September and that should do me for the immediate future. However...FA - if you are in Nanaimo could you drop one off as I would certainly like to compare the quality between what you are purchasing and those I have. Thank you in advance.

I just packaged some smoked salmon and tuna last night with my non food saver packer. It is not as convenient to create bags because it does not have a built in cutter. Pre packaged bags would be a great help. I am in on this deal if available and would also be interested in some pint sized bags as well.

Owen, I just noticed this thread. If not too late and can be added to the order, I would be grateful to be able to get 300 of the bags also. I can't use the gallon size but could use a mix of the pint and quart sizes. The pint bags would be good for putting up smoked salmon and similar items.

Let me know if I can get in, and you want the cash.

I also just came across this thread. I am in Comox as well, and if it is not too late, put me in for 300qt bags. I can pay up front since you do not know me. Anyway, if possible, I am in for 300. Thanks

Cheers Ulrich

Back