BROWNS BAY CHUM DERBY 2009

baddogg

Crew Member
Posted on another site.

Chum derby was posted for Oct. 16th thru 18th

Giddyup folks. Time to start planning again.:D:D:D

That would be posted on this site under “Important Meetings, Derby’s and SFBC Get Togethers” http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13097
We better have it posted here. After all it is our AGM.

Maybe we could keep this thread for fishing tips and to answer any questions.

There is one question I have and that’s the dates. Last few years the derby was only the Saturday and Sunday. The dates on their website include Friday. So unless something has changed I would think that’s an error. It is a good idea to launch on Friday and put your boat in a slip. It frees up the ramp for the people that don’t have the option but to launch in the mornings.

When I was at the Marina last Friday they told me the 16th thru the 18th. Maybe it's 3 days. Seems strange though. Maybe someone wants to call up and comfirm. I would but I am to busy fishing.

I made the call the Derby is from the 16th thru the 18th, but the fishing is the 17th and 18th.

I just booked a slip for the entire month of Oct. :)

Booked my spot this morning. The Derby is running as usual. It is the Saturday, Sunday with Friday as the arrival day so to speak.

Haven't posted....for a long time....but I'm coming out of retirement even if I have to use a belly boat!!!

boc

1) wife permission granted
2) boss allowing weekend off
3) slip reserved
4) site reserved
5) tickets reserved
6) crew set - and both of them own boats and fish, so I won't be babysitting for the first time ever in the derby!
7) thankful that there should be lots of great fishing between now and then to help pass the time waiting for the derby

Picked up some gear tips from a sockeye guide that I'm looking forward to trying out, same gear, different rigging, might even try running 7 rods this year:D

Hey Paul, I have two of your cannon balls from last year.

I won't charge you much for storing them all year.

Baddogg :D

Baddogg.......How can you possibly charge me for something you probably lost on your next trip?
IF</u> you still have them, you can have all my strike pay to date!:D

boc

MY LUCKY SET OF BALLS!!!!
Thankfully my wife hasn't noticed yet![:0]
Really nice to hear of your success....Pr**k:D

boc

CHUMFEST2007.jpg

Here is my favourite chum derby picture so far...
Look closely.
Lucky there aren't any big swells on.
See the triple header???

20051015104148raftedboatsandbellydu.jpg

Break out the hali harpoon! OMG, I see a new Darwin Award coming. See you guys on the water. Osama, are you coming again this year? I have some guests from Toronto coming out specially to see these clowns perform again - it was worth the price of admission.

OK guys, lets start dialing them in. What's your favorite killer hoochie and strategy to bring on the bite? Mine was the black and pink MP hoochie.

Searun

Back