Brand name Hootiches/ needle fish/ cuttlefish.

Discus

I just find out there are 5 different names of companies to make hootichy, needle fish, cuttlefish, etc. That made me confused but I know radiant's hootchy were very good but some tackle stores are still selling them but Yamashita's products are looking good and expensive and good quality. Also super tackle hootcihy are looking good and cheapest price. What is your favorite personal and your opinion and feedback.

For me I never ever buy any lures or hootchy from datla Tackle.

Yamashit

Super Tackle

Datla Tackle

Radiant's hootchy

North Pacific/Yozuri ( PNT)

Yamashita and North Pacific

There are a couple of Radiants that I like....

But if I only had one choice:- Yamashita.

Sea fever's choices are good-only one choice- Yamashita. If you start looking at sourcing-choices become blurred-what used to be Japanese is now coming from China or Taiwan. Some of Super tackles hoochys could be hung on a Christmas tree-maybe they should be' but the quality is pretty good, some patterns I suspect will catch fish. I asked Michael from Pirates Den if he could get me a fairly clear, large size turd -like hootchy with a hi glow factor-I expected a month or more but took a week-excellent quality. There is quality out there-but because of order size requirements we only see the ones Sea Fever mentioned or at the other end of the spectrum those nasty Chinese pre-tied ones complete with shark hook LOL. Keep looking-never know what will pop up>

I only consider there to be two options.. Yamashita and North Pacific/yozuri. Very high quality glow and UV...

I think the Radiant stuff is probably good as well but they are larger, thicker more offshore suitable.

Those other brands might be ok.... But there's lots of testing to be done to find a "keeper" pattern IMO.....

Hootchies:

Yamashit is Yamashita - Japan?

Super Tackle is Supertackle - Tech Zone China

Datla Tackle is Delta Tackle - China

Radiant's hootchy is Radiant Lures Ltd hoochie - (The guy who bought it is MIA. Who knows ?)

North Pacific/Yozuri ( PNT) ?

PLine or Pucci - China

Maurices ?

Mustad - ?

Boone - US

Redden - Sound Wave NLA

All brands are made of plastic. Additives can be UV or glow. All brands are good with differing characteristics (thin, thick, uv, glow). Sound Wave was one of the first in BC. Radiant followed with a product from Mustad. Supertackle is the newest on the market but with a very long history of Radiant tackle manufacturing knowledge.

Too thin, too thick, too short, too long, too fat, too thin, wrong eyes, no eye pit, wrong color. I have heard it all.
Supertackle Octo are all UV rated excluding 096 black.
Supertackle also has a full line of glow in the dark 4¾" Octo.

Quality & price is everything. Matt
Try ours. If you don't like it I will refund you 100%.

Hootchies:

Yamashit is Yamashita - Japan?

Super Tackle is Supertackle - Tech Zone China

Datla Tackle is Delta Tackle - China

Radiant's hootchy is Radiant Lures Ltd hoochie - (The guy who bought it is MIA. Who knows ?)

North Pacific/Yozuri ( PNT) ?

PLine or Pucci - China

Maurices ?

Mustad - ?

Boone - US

Redden - Sound Wave NLA

All brands are made of plastic. Additives can be UV or glow. All brands are good with differing characteristics (thin, thick, uv, glow). Sound Wave was one of the first in BC. Radiant followed with a product from Mustad. Supertackle is the newest on the market but with a very long history of Radiant tackle manufacturing knowledge.

Too thin, too thick, too short, too long, too fat, too thin, wrong eyes, no eye pit, wrong color. I have heard it all.
Supertackle Octo are all UV rated excluding 096 black.
Supertackle also has a full line of glow in the dark 4¾" Octo.

Quality & price is everything. Matt
Try ours. If you don't like it I will refund you 100%.

I've bought Matts hootchies before. Good stuff. I've got to get some of his pilchard hootchies before I go back to Ucluelet in August.
Dave

Ancient thread but looking for some info on some new “old stock” Soundwave hootchies i recently picked up. Are they any good? they seem to be ok....
not sure how the lettering / numbering works...these are a Jack Smith looking cuttlefish which always works well around CR so no loss, just wondering if there was any UV or glow technology back then. I figured some of the commercial or ex commercial guys in here might be able to shed some light on this!

Shine your $10.00 black light on them to see how they react for UV. Glow has been around for a long time.
Redden used to put out the Soundwave brand
I have an old copy of BC Outdoors that says the Soundwave J200 is a good one for WCVI. Flamin Hans colours. Green, white, cerise.

Seeing how the thread has been resurrected, I’ll ask, does anybody has any new and improved selections?

Shine your $10.00 black light on them to see how they react for UV. Glow has been around for a long time.
I have an old copy of BC Outdoors that says the Soundwave J200 is a good one for WCVI. Flamin Hans colours. Green, white, cerise.
In 1986 that was a killer hootchie but after that ye

Back