Boys trip

T

tuna time

Have a yearly trip that 2 of my best friends and I go on. Usually to the Grande Rhonde River in Washington but looking to branch out this year. We fish for steelhead and bows usually but looking to have a trip with alot of action. Non-guided and a place to stay. Anyone have any suggestions on where and when to go? We usually go for a week. Appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Mark

What time of year are you going? You'll get lots of replys to help you out ...

boc

not sure what time it gets going up there but we usually fish later February and early March. Willing to make the trip when the fish are in, not sure when they run up there. Appreciate any info.
Mark

Look to Terrace-fly into the airport/take the bus into town/rent a suitable truck nothing fancy needed and you'll have a dozen rivers to choose from.
May through September depending.
www.hawkair.net

Failing that you could try somewhere on Vancouver Island but choices are much more limited and fishing of late during your preferred time hasn't been great except on the overcrowded Stamp/Somass system.

Are you aware that BC Steelheading is in the tank?
That many BC'ers are heading to WA state to fish Steelhead because so many Steelhead runs in southern BC have failed?

Thanks Dogbreath,
Was not aware that the fishery was not doing well. We were looking to get a different experience. My buddies and I have fished the Grande Ronde river for the last 10 years starting in college and seen the numbers of fishermen increasing every year. Figured if we are going to have all the company then we might as well catch some bigger fish. Average on the Ronde is 4-8lb. Last year I got my largest 34' hen but that was after 10 years on that river. We thought we might try something new this year and venture out. Maybe well fish the Sol and that system. Appreciate the help and the heads up.
Regards,
Mark

check out the site piscatorialpursuits.com , its a fishin charterin website that fishes out of washington......has tons of stuff, river reports and everything, check it out

steelheadman......

Back