Bowie Seamount Dive video

Cuba Libre

Its from 2003, but still very much of interest currently. Thanks Keith for sharing.

I put the question on the location of the vessel on the West Coast Commercial Facebook site. One fishermen recognized the name as an east coast dragger style boat that had a fire while in Steveston . Owner was a Danny Gordon. After the fire, it was rebuilt with an aluminum house on it. Sank during the urchin fishery, but the aluminum house was salvaged and is now on the vessel Active Pass. Unlikely it was the same boat that hit the wall on Princess Royal Is.

Thanks, CL. Your fisherman is incorrect about the Active Pass. It ended-up taking the aluminum wheelhouse off the Danny & David after the D&D sunk.

Ummm-- Isnt this what I wrote? the aluminum house was salvaged and is now on the vessel Active Pass. Anyway-- an interesting piece of BC history. Cheers

Sorry CL - I could have written that better. You are of course right - except it sank becasue someone fell asleep at the wheel and ran into a rock wall in Princess Royal channel - while they were packing urchins. Boats have such an interesting history on the coast, too.
As you say - anyway - it is a great piece of history and research too - along with a rare line item on the bucket list that got wrote off...

Back