Boat upgrade

Trophy21

Crew Member
I'm looking to upgrade to a 24-26 foot boat. I enjoy off shore west coast fishing and would like to go for tuna at some point. Would need dual outboards prob 150s. I have a budget of 50 grand tops. I'm thinking of a grady white gulfstream, striper 2601, or pursuit 2470. I think the aluminums are out of my budget range. Any advice?

Striper are nice also some good deals on the bigger trophys. I like monaro but there not cheap. Lots of seasports for sale down south and there a real sweet boat. I would suggest a full hard top or alaskan hard top no canvas windows or tops.

Be very aware of US boats that may have been affected by hurricanes and such.
Many East coast boats have moved all over the states that have had extreme water damage.
Do your due diligence for sure on American boats, or any boat purchase for that matter

Be very aware of US boats that may have been affected by hurricanes and such.
Many East coast boats have moved all over the states that have had extreme water damage.
Do your due diligence for sure on American boats, or any boat purchase for that matter

This is sound advice if looking for the cheapest boats going (Florida). The Pacific Northwest boats seem to be popping up with some good deals. Oregon especially over Washington. Economy drives the boat prices. Now is the time to buy. Come Feb. or Mar. they will start increasing.

I got my Striper in Salem Oregon last year. Great deal on a great boat. Importing into Canada was easy. The fact that the CDN $ was higher than the USD at that time helped as well. Not so attractive right now...

I highly recommend getting your self into a pilot house, lots of nice ones around, osprey and skagit orca seem very nice. I have a 2358 trophy and love the lay out but don't have the range for tuna. The aluminum ones are nice but as others said, pricey.

I'm looking to upgrade to a 24-26 foot boat. I enjoy off shore west coast fishing and would like to go for tuna at some point. Would need dual outboards prob 150s. I have a budget of 50 grand tops. I'm thinking of a grady white gulfstream, striper 2601, or pursuit 2470. I think the aluminums are out of my budget range. Any advice?

Ocean sport roamer 30-33 is what you want. Used is 6x what you wana pay though lol but it's a sick boat and my dream fishing boat.

i purchased a boat from the US east coast and like i said do your research get a survey if needed you will save $$ even over the west coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sfisher did you have your boat shipped? Did you fly down south to see it or just have it surveyed?
Thanks everyone for their input so far I'm looking at lots more boats now lol.

Mine came from south Carolina and was a very solid and low hour boat and NOT a storm victim.
do your searching and make sure you get a very reputable surveyor, pay the extra to have the motors checked as well,
remember to add shipping and re-rigging for up here, they will almost never be rigged they way you want,
I probably spent atleast another 10g in shipping and rigging mine the way I want so keep that in mind
that one I posted the link to above has had everything done to it, and hand picked by one of the members here and is a very nice ride if you haven't checked it out yet, there is one the same on the island for 10g more, Gregs boat is priced right for a serious buyer just saying

Grab mine Grady 232 out of Tacoma....easy peasy..Just don't ask how much I spent rigging it ..never ends.... :)

don't you mean rigging and then re-rigging :D

Sfisher did you have your boat shipped? Did you fly down south to see it or just have it surveyed?
Thanks everyone for their input so far I'm looking at lots more boats now lol.

purchased it from a dealer boat was used.
the only thing I went on was mechanical report and sea trial video. never seen boat till it arrived in Washington.
had it shipped from east coast to north Seattle.
we'll worth it saved a lot of money on buying something similar here.

Alumnan, that would be one incredible boat poded with 2 150 yammies on it.

Back