Boat shipping

salmonkiller01

I know members on the board have had there boats shipped from the u.s east coast to vancouver and am wondering what to expect to pay for shipping. I am looking at 25 foot boats on trailers. Also do the shippers take care of the import paperwork or do you get a broker to deal with it?

I bought a boat from washington a couple years ago and know whats needed for paperwork and taxes to pay... but am interested in having it shipped right to vancouver.

Uship.com

This should give you a good idea. Just make sure they are insured.

I am going to post there, was just wondering what other paid, so I have a comparison. Also if someone has a recomendation that would be great.

Paid a guy with a 1ton truck to bring my boat i purchased through ebay from Minnesota a couple years ago. If memory serves me right was about $1.00/mile around 1200bucks. He only brought it to the border, I had to bring it across from PA.

Prices might have increased since.
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

anywhere from .8 cents to 1.10 a mile - most will only bring it to blaine or bellinghman though and not across the line, just contact a customs broker and they do everything from once you pick it up , all you gotta really do is drive they have all the paperwork and etc. done for you

If, I remember right, I was quoted from around $1.37 up to 1.63 per mile. It does depend on boat length and if on a trailer or not. I ended finding a couple that did it for much less. Watch for a fuel surcharge, as the quotes might be lower, but they could state, “Plus any applicable fuel surcharge”. Also, make sure who is insuring and paying for any permits?

DSC01311-1-2.jpg

Thanks for the input, will definetly help me price it out. I guesse you save a bit by picking it up in washington. I am gonna have to get my passport.

I put my boat haul job on uship and hired a guy to pull it from Florida to Port Angeles, Wa. He wasnt able to bring it across the boarder so I picked it up and brought it across with the help of a broker.
It cost about 3500$US. That seems to be a lowball price, I know people who have paid as much as $5000. Campion boats out of Kewlona pull boats from there from time to time and will grab your boat if the timing is right.
Getting my boat home was a nail biter. The guy I hired said he had insurance and was experienced. I didnt think he had any experience towing large boats just by the way he had it loaded on the trailer, ended up blowing 4 or 5 tires by the time he got it there as a result.
There were other factors too that I wont get into. The point is that I may be a bit more careful who I hire next time. Id rather pay a few extra $ for piece of mind.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Hey Salmonkiller01 I used uship and had a great driver. His call name is Whiteline88 and I would use him again in a second. He had 100 grand insurance which I verified and he drove from South Corolina to Blaine WA in three days for $2125.00 which is $.691 per mile. Find him if you can you will be glad you did.

oh yeah I did not use a broker I just drove through the truck crossing and told the guard that I bought the boat and went inside with the bill of sale and paid the taxes. Very easy and takes 25 min or so.

let me know if you need any help.

striper1.jpg

Hey Salmonkiller01 I took a look and was able to find his number. His name is Bruce and his cell is 1-386-453-8789. He may or may not remember me. If you have any other questions call me

Ryan
604-780-9119

striper1.jpg

Uship.com is best way to go, I've shipped 2 boats - no issues. I brought up a Grady White 265 Express hog body with it's own trailer. The guy who brought her up shipped my boat and trailer on top of his trailer for $3,300 US from North Carolina to Blaine Washington. Just make sure that the guy you choose has good insurance coverage because you cannot buy insurance for your boat until you have it across the border into Canada. There is no way to get insurance in the US if you are a non-resident.

Searun

Cedarman... is right on! :)

I pulled my estimates... the highest quoted from Florida was $5500 (no trailer), the lowest was .67 per mile (on trailer) hauled on a truck – not towed. I also ended up using a "friend of a friend" who was a "truck driver", but not experienced in towing a boat. I saved some bucks, but it wasn't worth the added aggravation and his inexperience showed as soon as he started to hookup to it. I wouldn't do that again! I had several concerns!

Don't overlook buying out of California, their economy? I ended up getting mine there, as the price was cheaper, plus less shipping costs. It was listed about the same as the ones on the east coast, but I submitted a "low ball" offer and they countered a couple of thousand more... I said no, the brokers ate the difference and I ended up with a boat! :)

Back