Boat problems

F

flyfisherman

Hello everyone,
I have a question that you guys and girls out there might be able to help me with. I have a 12 foot aluminum flat bottom boat and is very noisy when you step around it and we all know that vibrations scare fish and its just annoying. so, People have told me to get a piece of wood and put some turf over it and that solves your problems. I have seen boats do this all the time now. Now, what type of wood should I use? something that wont turn to mush if it rains and what thickness. It cannot be heavy because my boat is already weighed down with the motor and me and my dog and equipment. So if any of you out there have diagrams or any help on this please email me at hunterm@shaw.ca
thanks in advance
Mason

Here's another possible route:
Canada Tire offers a spray-on rubber coating, can't actually remember what it's designed for (sometimers). One of my buds liberally hosed down the floor of his flat-bottom tinny a couple years back. Quieted her right down. Easy to clean, no real weight, and oh yeah, quite durable.

Nog

Here's another possible route:
Canada Tire offers a spray-on rubber coating, can't actually remember what it's designed for (sometimers). One of my buds liberally hosed down the floor of his flat-bottom tinny a couple years back. Quieted her right down. Easy to clean, no real weight, and oh yeah, quite durable.

Nog

Following ironnoggin's thought.
You can also buy a paint on or roll on, rubberized paint called Snow roof, made for RV, mobile homes and such.
It would probably work well.

Following ironnoggin's thought.
You can also buy a paint on or roll on, rubberized paint called Snow roof, made for RV, mobile homes and such.
It would probably work well.

You could also try those rubber barnstall mats for horses to lay on. I think that they sell them for bed liners in trucks too.

You could also try those rubber barnstall mats for horses to lay on. I think that they sell them for bed liners in trucks too.

Back