Boat Paradise prices for real ? no way!

Peahead

Disclaimer
Boat Paradise is not liable for any mistakes or incorrect information submitted by its users and does not represent or share opinions of its users.

Maybe that explains it....I don't know.

Probably tornado damaged units.

A buddy of mine used to manage a boat dealership/marina on the prairies and he said they saw lots of damaged E Coast US boats come through cheap.

Cheers All,

Something not right as those units are significantly more valuable than the current listed price. I have sent an email to determine if they are legitimate and will let you know. If they are ... I also found a boat and will purchase it for the price they quoted.

If they say anything about having the boat shipped to you and doing the deal through ebay sales it is a for sure scam....Ebay will never ever be a mediator in a sale that is not an auction on their website.

In the past year when I was looking at the too good to be true prices that was the most common reply I received. I just can't believe people would lose money intentionally, when they have significantly undervalued their boat, even in these rough economic times.

if its too good to be true...................................
do I need to say it?

I will be interested to hear the response ... I am betting on bait and switch. When I was boat shopping a year or two ago, there was a place on east coast that was always way cheaper than anyone else ... like cheap enough that it got the adrenalin pumping, "maybe I can afford that extra 2 feet after all". But when you called them, seems that boat just sold, or couldn't be located, but they have another similar one for sale just at a little higher price.

I just cruised around a little on that site. Wonder if it's a typo on alot of them?. The prices seem all over the place but some of them are inline with what's out there on other sites.

Boat Paradise Scam becarefule

I've scene it on EBay with cars, someone is apparently desperate to sell you their Ferrari - they always want the money upfront & will ship you the car after. This is the same crap, so ask to see the boat first like I did & you'll get no response. Here's the email I got back from the seller:

Hello ,
I'm glad you are interested in the boat . It's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems , no damages or hidden defects , no need for additional repairs , clear title without any accidents , liens or loans . All power equipment are in working order ,* all the documents and papers . The price of this boat , trailer is* 9700usd* includes shipping taxes to your address .* And* I want to make this transaction through eBay Vehicle Purchase Program we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us . We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account.** I am registered with their secure trader department and they will handle the trade.** The transaction is very secure for bouths parts,the safest and the only system I trust , because they offer the highest rate of safety and reliability for online transactions . We will both benefit of eBay purchase protection policy . I already pre arranged the whole process with them . I have a contract with them and i must respect this . If you agree on the full purchase price , we make all the arrangements for the transfer of the title of property and the other details . I require your full name ( street , city , state , zip code , phone number ) .
*As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure , and eBay Company will notify you about this with payment and shipping instuctions . You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them ( please go through them exactly ) .
Also , a refund policy will be included .
There are 2 other potential buyers for the boat at the moment , so I'm waiting for your email ASAP
Best Regards!
Ronald

--
This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organization to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it! If you believe you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender.

I got the exact response except the guys name was Alan. I replied that i was happy the boat was in perfect mechanical condition, but i would fly down to have a look and arrange the shipping myself. I asked for a phone number and address where the boat is located. I never heard back, so after a few days I wrote, "Kinda weird that I got no reply. I guess you thought I would send you the cash based on your last email. Not that easy bud!"

He wrote back minutes later, "I'm not in the US for the moment, I'm in a business trip in Barcelona. Excuse me! I have a lot of other problems to take care of this week. Thanks."

Yah, okay! Its a scam.

Got a buddy who was in the boat business. As a sideline he started bringing in boats from California on which he did a quick refurbish and sold them for a good profit. He was considering starting to buy boats out of Florida because they were the cheapest to pick up by a longshot. There is(was) so much money in Florida that boats like you see posted on the site in question are a dime a dozen with very little trade in value and dealers are reluctant to take them in because of the difficulty in selling them for a decent profit. Guys are replacing their boats every couple of years and rather than trying to trade them in they're just blowing them out.
The site is probably legit.
Dave

The site, probably is legit. There are some good deals to be had for sure. I know a couple guys at work who have brought up boats and made good money. You just gotta be careful, that's all. Any deal that they try to get the cash off you first, is what you gotta watch for. In my case, that's what the guy tried to do, and that's how the scam works. There are those types of scams on usedvic too. You just gotta be aware..

Back