Boat for sale, Does this look like a good deal?

Sea Ranger

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/10848819

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif

100 horse two stroke......... electronics?...........kicker?............ 14000.00.......... I'd pass. Then again you could get him down some.

Depends I guess. What are you looking for?

Lumis with cabins are pretty expensive so it looks like an ok deal.I like the layout. Obviously the engines not worth much and would likely need a re power in near future. Put some money into that and it could be a slick rig!

I agree with r.s. the bottom of the leg gives me some pause for thought though !
Do like the cabin set up though.

AL

Just anti-fouling paint...its on the part of the leg that is always submerged when tilted down and also you can see the same on the very bottom of the mounting bracket...which would also be in the water.

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Looks like a work boat and has the tow bar to support that.Likely has been s*&t kicked.
Believe it!

They knock the **** out 'em for a few years and then sell 'em off.

billreidsalmon.jpg

Its like anything, you get what you pay for and it could look different in the pictures then what it really is. I've always wanted a large Aluminium boat with a wheel house like that. Even if it needed to be gutted and rebuilt inside that would be a great project if your into wood working and boats. It does say the 100 hp has low hours but it looks a little under powered to me.... maybe a newer 4 stroke 150 would be the way to go. If I had the money to rebuild it and repower it then maybe but then again if I had that kind of money I'd probably go buy a newer Stripper or something like that. Never hurts to dreams !!!

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif

I'd stay away from that one looks like a nickle and dimer to me.No good when the guy says can be towed anywhere.

Doesn't look too bad IMO. Worth going to have a look at. Looks like an older hull with the cabin added later in life. If the hull was built by a reputable builder and the previous owner/owners took care of it (electrolysis prevention) etc. it is worth looking at. Try to have one built for that much money. You are looking at the raw materials being close to that price without even laying a finger on them yet.

I agree with another poster in that a 150 4-stroke would be about perfect for that vessel. Aluminum's hold their value WAY better than glass boats. You could always sell it for what you paid for it or more if you upgraded it.

I sold my 16 foot COPE with a 50 4-stroke Yammy for 11 grand before I bought the SCULPIN.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Talked to a friend of mine (ex Navy type) was a Engine room sailor and he was very informative on Aluminum hulls , I am going for a look at this one as it has good possibilities , the solid dry wheelhouse is particularly attractive at my age.

AL

Back