bloody chums

the runt

Hi folks.Gone out twice for the damn things this week.Nothing, no hits.Went to a tackle shop in Bellingham and talked to them.They told me 1 in 5000 people ask about saltwater chums.I said the B.C. boys beat the hell out of them.so heres what i used.green flasher and pink squirt 24-27 inches back,green flasher and herring same distance back .Red flasher and green squid ,purple haze.Tried everything but mooch for them.I'll try again in a couple of days.Any advice would be appreciated thanks john.

thanks the runt

I'm still in the learnin stages myself.Sounds like your usin the right stuff.troll slow,try different depths.You know how it is,even with chinook,one day hot next day ,do the same thing and nothin.I'll be out again this weekend and will post results.

it must be something in the water

one key to fishing chum I have learned like knucklebuster said troll very slow.

pink/blue and pink/black are the key, ive never caught one on plain pink although they should work i guess...
also try throwin a spin n glo in front (small and metallic blue or purple)
try a 36 inch leader, sometimes that really works a lot better for no particular reason
try the blue silver, and purple silver flashers, as well as chum special (black trim scale foil with a purple/blue stripe- slays em)
try a purple/black apex ina small size on 36 inch leader.
make sure to stack 4 lines and you can even throw dummy flashers off the cannon balls too(no hooks attatched!!!)
try and find areas with lots of current or your probly wasting your time.

I agree with EE but the most important part troll dead slow against the tide. I only use a 26 inch to 30 inch leader max. and use black hooks only. I troll at .9 to 1.1 mph. If you cant find pink and blue or pink and black squirts take a magic marker and colour half a pink one black or dark blue. Another note is I do not run my lines back far only about 7 to 10 feet from the down rigger clip.

Just a thought Good Luck

Cheers ME

Happy Hookin!!!

Four rods is key when chum fishing the mor flash down there the better, it's just like sockeye fishing.

Cheers codfish

dy

Thanks for the advice,yes i was going like hell.2-2.5 mph. and all pink.lol.Our salt closes on Mon, till.feb or march,long time.I'll take one more crack at the devils.So thanks again.

thanks the runt

Back