Best Technique

R

REDBONZ

During My trip this summer, I would like to be able to Boat a few more Chinooks.Landed a couple over 25 last July across the inlet from Nahmint and lost a real large fish after a 12 minute tussle. Was fishing a 3 1/2 in. Gibbs Gypsy Cop Car colour 26 in. behind a red Hotspot 2.5 miles/hr. Marked large fish at 110',lowered the riggers down to 100' of cable and I'll be damned if we didn't get a take. Fished the same area hard and caught one 26lbs. and one 28lbs. early the next morning. Then and now I considered this pure Sh__t House Luck! Gentlemen can U reccomend good setups and speed or do I try and Fluke a couple with the same setup as last year. We were fishing Sockeye with this setup, had not been told it worked for Chinooks though, Any pointers for mid July Chinooks would be appreciated. I heard Rainy Bay is worth a shot, thats why I figured I'd camp down that way instead of China.

The sure shot method for Springs is brined Anchovy in a Teaser Head fished 4-8 feet behind a Flasher-or just use a dummy Flasher attached to your cable.
Spoons also work great and are of course less mess.
How far back from the cable are you fishing your lures?

that's why there's a warranty!

I was fishing only 15 ft. back of the ball with stacked lines,like I say pretty sure we were darn lucky as this was only 17th of July last year early for Alberni Chinook

Rodbreaker, do you fish Alberni alot. I really enjoyed China Creek last year but burnt alot of fuel as I would run down to Nahmint and beyond each day to escape the 250 boats out front of Cous. Thought I might try Poett Nook. Will the fishing be as good down the inlet further?

Back