best place to find boat paint?

I'd try Industrial Plastics -- they have all sorts of paints for aluminum, fiberglass and more.

Inside or outside of boat?
I redid the interior on my tin last year and used a couple cans of spray on rustoleum (similar to tremclad). Used the Rustoleum because it had a bit of texture. Will see how it holds up this year.
Exterior I haven't done but you could try the spray on automotive paints or Tremclad. Bit softer paint than the "official" boat paints, but a lot cheaper. Also prep is easier, I think I just did a TSP wash and light sanding. The good stuff requires chemical cleaning and etching of the aluminium.
I did some Google searches last year and came up with a number of forums with the people talking about using the tremclad/rustoleum spray cans to paint their cars. Some 'interesting' designs. Try a search.

Howdy Time. Do you know if a TSP wash will remove the yellow stain off fibreglass boats, which have been moored for the summer with no bottom paint. Any info much appreciated. Cheers FC

Howdy Time. Do you know if a TSP wash will remove the yellow stain off fibreglass boats, which have been moored for the summer with no bottom paint. Any info much appreciated. Cheers FC

No idea on the "water stain" on fiberglass.
Maybe call a shop that repairs glass hulls.
Or maybe call Industrial Paint and Plastic. They always seem knowledgable.
Good luck.

No idea on the "water stain" on fiberglass.
Maybe call a shop that repairs glass hulls.
Or maybe call Industrial Paint and Plastic. They always seem knowledgable.
Good luck.

quote:Originally posted by ebbtide

Starbrite bottom boat cleaner

Agreed X2 .. the best product by far!!! Canadian Tire has it, If theres any rings left over from barnicals there's stuff that you can just spray on and hose off, it eats away all the calcium and doesn't harm your hull. Its right beside the other stuff in Canadian Tire. And the bottom paint is right there with them both.

Take only what you need.

I use to help my uncle clean the bottom of his boat. Walter Tipton. All he ever used was bleach.The day he sold the boat the bottom looked like new. Spray it on and wait a few minutes. The bleach kills all the growth and then you wash it offWith soap and water.

Fiber tek in Burnaby has the best paints and gel coats. There pricey but last a long time and look nice.

fah cups said:
What you want to use is "Davis FSR" for the yellow stain and any rust marks on your boat,works great,but use gloves and eye protection,it's pretty strong stuff. Trotac should stock it.Rinse with plenty of soap and water after use.

Back