Bennett m80 trim tabs

J

Jimbo

Hey there has any one used these on there boat? Just lookin for some feedback I want to put some tabs on my 18'6 Double Eagle HT, thanks.

I installed the M120 kit with the EIC5000 which I really recommend. It tells you the position of each tab and auto-retracts when the key is turned off, excellent if you trailer your boat.

I installed the M80s on my Malibu 182 (pretty much the same as your DE only I have the soft top). I will echo what everyone has ever told me...wish I had done it sooner. While I would have preferred the M120 as a bigger tab is better, they simply would not fit with my current kicker configuration and I was not prepared to change it as it works well. I love them after 4 months of use, great for balancing load, getting the bow down when the seas chop up, changing angles when traveling across waves etc...

While I could not find the extra $$ for the indicators, I can certainly see their value (tho I just tend to go by feel).

Bottom line, I think you will love having tabs on your boat. Oh, and install is easy. Great investment!

I installed M80's on my Double Eagle 18'6". Great improvement in handling, a must have in my opinion for any boat over 18ft. Like ratherbefishing, I wanted the M120's but went with M80's due to difficulty fitting the larger tab next to my kicker. If you want photos email me.

Thanks guys, I would like to have the indicators as well but man do you have to dig deep for those.Any tip on where to get the best price?

I purchased online from a US online marine dealer when the Canadian dollar was above par with the US. Saved me a few bucks. I then installed myself. I do not have indicators and find trimming by feel works fine.

Back