Beginner in Barkley

P

Pescadero

A while back I posted that I was headed to Barkley and in particular, the Bamfield area. I received several responses and lots of good help and advice.

Among those that responded were: Totally Tyee, Wolf, frango, Tsquared and Roe Bags. And, of course, a special thanks to Bob W for his tips and help on Prawns. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

I just wanted to give you a little report on my adventure, and say "Thanks" to those that gave me a hand.

Hit the tail end of some strong winds so were confined to inside for the first three days. During this time, caught lots of native Coho and a fair amount of clipped. Also a lot of Chinook. Got a chance to work on Prawning since we had spare time.

Using advice and tips received from you on the Web Site, we were geared up correctly for all species. You guys really do share great info. And, I for one, really appreciate it.

Took a little while to find the Prawns. But, once we did, we got all we needed for the table. The table and a few Crows, I might add. (I lost two out of three falls to a band of maurading Crows.) After the first day, I was on top of things, so they couldn't make a fool out of me any more!!

Got Coho, Chinook and Soc's on the inside. Then the weather improved and we got outside. Salmon catch continued to be good and we added a few chicken Hal's to the catch. Dogs were really thick, everywhere we went. Pulled up several "Heads Only" fish. Oh Well!! Like Clint Eastwood says "Even maggots gotta eat".

Learned another thing, It takes a hell of a lot more than a week to give your beautiful area the time it deserves. It was really magnificant and I thank you all for making this such an enjoyable trip.

But watch out. . . I'll be asking for more help and advice again soon.

Thanks again,

Skip (Pescadero)

Edited by - pescadero on 07/13/2004 13:13:03

Sounds like a great trip, Pescadero. Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Tom

Sounds like a great trip, Pescadero. Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Tom

Glad the info we shared with you helped sounded like you had fun Thanks Wolf

Glad the info we shared with you helped sounded like you had fun Thanks Wolf

Back