Beckman nets

fishin solo

Crew Member
hey guys just picked up one. Look really nice and quality made. I got the salmon one. Huge bag and bigger frame then the Scotty. Lighter then the Scotty. Anybody have one yet? Reviews?? I'll test it out this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    703.3 KB · Views: 234
hey guys just picked up one. Look really nice and quality made. I got the salmon one. Huge bag and bigger frame then the Scotty. Lighter then the Scotty. Anybody have one yet? Reviews?? I'll test it out this weekend

Eager to hear your review. I've seen them in Cabelas but not pulled the trigger yet.

I'm not sure if my net is a Beckman. There is no tag but it sure looks like it. I bought it specifically for the fish friendly webbing.
I thought the deep bag wold be handy but I find I have to lift the whole basket above my head to get the fish in the boat, I actually had to cut the handle shorter . Not much fun with a 20 plus fish.
plus it takes up a ton of space on the deck when you put the fish down. I often wish I'd bought a smaller net.

well after 1 season I have to say this net is a pos.... the spring loaded pin for the net/handle lock failed first time out.... almost lost the net.... tried it again and same thing.... so instead of sending back to the store I put a couple screws in it to keep it locked..... also the webbing doesn't last.... 3 holes in 1 season is a joke.... interested to see if anyone else has had the same issues ?

well after 1 season I have to say this net is a pos.... the spring loaded pin for the net/handle lock failed first time out.... almost lost the net.... tried it again and same thing.... so instead of sending back to the store I put a couple screws in it to keep it locked....

I had the same issue. I put a blot through the end to keep the basket from falling off.

also the webbing doesn't last.... 3 holes in 1 season is a joke.... interested to see if anyone else has had the same issues ?

No problem with the webbing for me so far. This has been my second season with mine. What do you think was the cause? UV, wear and tear, or just poor quality materials?

Back