battery pack for electric motor

JMD

I am thinking of buying a Nautilus Marine/RV Power Pack and am wordering if anyone has used them to power an electric trolling motor.
Its main function is to provide emergency cranking power(800 cranking amps),but is also a deep cycle battery with 33 AHr.Doesn't spound like it would last long.

I don't know how many amps my motor draws but its a small 14 lb thrust Minn Kota used to troll in a 8' Zodiac on lakes.

Anyone tried one of these ?

That's the one.As long as it gets me to the end of the lake,and back it will be fine.I don't really like hauling my deep cycle battery around,its HEAVY.

Thanks for the input,
Murray

I have that same battery. I use it in my canoe to power my fishfinder & as backup to my deep cycle motor battery.

I once used it for the day on Elk with the trolling motor. It was pretty close to drained after 8 hours at low speed, with one last run to the dock at a fading full. (My motor's 28#-33#... don't recall exactly. It's too small for waterskiing.[8D] ). I'm glad I have my deep cycle for the motor. It's never been drained or faded during a day of heavy use.

The Nautilus is about 2/3 the weight of the deep cycle. I have read several negative reviews for them, but what I use it for... It's fine. Most negatives are probably the result of over-charging, charging on a normal charger, or leaving stored in a drained condition. It comes with its' own charger, like a cellphone charger-pack/transformer. Just watch the lighted charging indicator to keep from over-charging.

It's a good tool to have kicking around for charging cellphones, running small electronics etc... that can run off a cigarette lighter, built-in. A bit unwieldy as a flashlight, but one's built-in for those early-starters who need some light in the boat.

I'm glad I have mine, and it does what I wanted it to do.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback ,I also have a deep cycle for running my motor ,was hoping to use something lighter.If nothing else it will be good to have as an extra for the motorhome/boat.

get yourself a handicap scooter battery they are small come with handles and not super heavy12 volt and designed to lastwhile recharging everydayif you choose.

get yourself a handicap scooter battery they are small come with handles and not super heavy12 volt and designed to lastwhile recharging everydayif you choose.

Back