Bass Fishing ?

T

T Dot

Hello

Im new to the area...

Im looking for a bass fishing club in the Vancouver area. Im also looking for shops as well.

:)

Thanks

I'm a big bass fisherman aswell, and it does not seem to be the most popular topic on here. As for clubs, i'n not too sure. If you come up with anything though, tr to post it. thanks. good luck!

quote:Originally posted by Iceberg

I'm a big bass fisherman aswell, and it does not seem to be the most popular topic on here. As for clubs, i'n not too sure. If you come up with anything though, tr to post it. thanks. good luck!

where abouts are you located?

im in vancity

Shawnigan has some excellent Bass fishing. Another lake that does very well, and has a huge tourny every year is Quesnell lake in Cedar close to Nanaimo. Island Outfitters would be your best shot for gear, downtown Victoria, although I have heard that there is a brand new shop, just not sure of exact location. It may be in Colwood, if any can clarify this. Nanaimo has 3 sport shops, namely Harbor Chandler, Gone Fishin and the Screaming Fish and fly down at the boat ramp. All three carry some good gear for Bass fishing. I agree that a club is well needed, and very glad to see one is developing in the works.;)-Andy

TDot, no i have never done any bass fishing off the island. I have heard some good things about the port angeles region. lots of water bodies but not totally sure about bass in particular. I do know that the island has some great fishing. I have spent alot of time at Elk lake at the right time of the year and there are some very big bass in there. also Longford lake, and Shawnigan.

Prospect Lake, and small lake up on Mt. Triangle have some big bass while fishing for trout. A friend picked up a bass from Mt. Triangle tiny lake while fishing for trout.

quote:Originally posted by Iceberg

TDot, no i have never done any bass fishing off the island. I have heard some good things about the port angeles region. lots of water bodies but not totally sure about bass in particular. I do know that the island has some great fishing. I have spent alot of time at Elk lake at the right time of the year and there are some very big bass in there. also Longford lake, and Shawnigan.

thanks for all the tips

i hope to catch my first bc bass this year. maybe ill see you on the water

quote:Originally posted by fishspoon

Prospect Lake, and small lake up on Mt. Triangle have some big bass while fishing for trout. A friend picked up a bass from Mt. Triangle tiny lake while fishing for trout.

do you have any pictures from that trip?

thanks

T dot when you get off the ferry go see RVP at Screamn fly and tackle he will send oyu in the right directing
and he is only 10 feet from the ferry when you get off the boat

quote:Originally posted by Vince914

T dot when you get off the ferry go see RVP at Screamn fly and tackle he will send oyu in the right directing
and he is only 10 feet from the ferry when you get off the boat

do they have a website?

thanks

Willspictures3067.jpg

Middle Summer Prospect Lake Bass

I love to see all the bass talk this early in the season. Cant wait for the spring!!

I like to fish holden and quenel in ceder, also I've nail a few lunkers in long and green. The best bass fishing is quenel in a few months. If you dont know what to use, go with worm and bobber.

Really?? I would think that would result in way too many rebaiting due to sunfish and smaller smallmouth.
My best results are with tubes and Rapala Xraps.

I have only ever fished south island lakes, but i would have to agree. A husky jerk or Xrap will slay the bass. Also a rubber worm, no weight on a large hook can really produce. Cant wait for the spring.

Back