Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by Smiley

those ho's gotta come in!

Those off shore coho are not</u> bound for the Stamp...sorry to burst any bubbles, but it ain't happening this year unless there is some unexplainable delay. There should still be great off shore action for a little while yet...lots of Fraser bound fish yet to come.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Definitely not headed for SSS.

Were hitting +20s while trolling over 7 knots for tuna yesterday way the hell out there!

Don't put up much of a fight on hali rods... Hammer the gear pretty friggin hard though. They loved the mouse.

Goodbye to Bamfield for a couple of weeks, heading through the interior on a vacation for a bit. Hot springs, elk and relaxation are key.

Odd season out here. Thank god for those offshore hatchery fish...

I really hope that something radical develops over the winter to address the Robertson Creek disaster. Port's chamber, Ukees Chamber, Bamields Chamber of Commerce should be rallied... Citizens should be in an uproar.

We can't take this laying down. The technology and the facility are right there. Next year isn't gonna be any better either.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Couldn't agree with you more Jeff...DFO has cut hatchery production in half with more than predictable results. I'm certain most anglers would pony up extra license fees if the cash was directed at increasing hatchery production. I'm also sure the commercial and FN sectors would be happy to work cooperatively at managing this fishery if we had greater control over how the fishery was managed. Time for the users of the resource to take back the fishery and manage it properly.

Searun

th_067.jpg

quote:Originally posted by waddy29

quote:Originally posted by trophywife

rats nose and flat top produced a 40 plus coho day[8D].. that was fri. the biggest was a 20lb wild with plenty of 18's that were hatchery... it was awesome. damaged many spoons for sure.. my crew got sick on the saturday so in two hours of fishing flat top we still got into ten or so... NO SPRINGS... caught two srings at whittle stone for 6 hrs of trolling..boat is back at home in port moody so bring on the winter springs and fresh prawns;)

share the harvest
2625 kingfisher

wheres rats nose and flat top?? or what is it near....

27 miles south west 0f cape beale... got charts? look for the rats nose....:D

share the harvest
2625 kingfisher

Fellas

Last report of the season from the Nook ,
I guess this is just a confirmation that the summer fishery is now pretty much in the history books,

We fished for about 8 hours across the weekend ,

due to a late start ,We fished Sat from noon till 4pm , 3 mile to 10 mile for only one Hatch Coho , and a few feeder springs that were released at 10 mile ,

7 and 10 mile had a REDICULOUS amount of bait ,all over the map , right to the surface , my screen had went completely solid atleast 6 times lol, im certain if i was out early it would have been far better.

Kept in touch with 3 other boats , Slivo , a SFBC member , was out at rats on Friday , they hooked into a few Coho and a cople feeders as well , again , nothing that great , Swiss Boy , outta Poett , went and hit Rats on Saturday , had great action with some extremely LARGE acrobatic coho

, I was suppose to be out there with him ,[B)],,,

2 other boats fished the inside hard with us on Sunday , nada , DEAD SEA.. a few shakers and a handfull of mackeral ,,dats it

Got to thank the guy's at the Bamfield Search n Rescue for helping me out, that was solid ,NO we weren't rescued..;) see ya in a few weeks

Got to meet Doug Lindores from Slivers charters back in Alberni , nice meeting you..

See ya all next year

Felix - FD

a few pics of my fishing buds , Marco ( Mooly )...;)

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Thanks for all the reports this summer felix.They are refreshing to us city slickers.I heard big bank had good #s of feeders at the right place/time lately.

Great report Felix[8D]. Great shots too. Nice to see you sticking it out to the very end. All in all was a good year. We all appreciate your great posts. Keep em coming[8D]. I swear I am going to drive the boat over there next year and meet you in person:D. You heard it here so call me on it:).

Cheers,
Sculpin

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Great report Felix[8D]. Great shots too. Nice to see you sticking it out to the very end. All in all was a good year. We all appreciate your great posts. Keep em coming[8D]. I swear I am going to drive the boat over there next year and meet you in person:D. You heard it here so call me on it:).

Cheers,
Sculpin

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back