Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems :)

All good,Sun is coming out and the wind is dieing down. All good!

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

HA, busted....Jeff knows and he won't kiss and tell either.

Searun

th_067.jpg

It was a pretty decent weekend for weather and fish. Lots of springs but nothing over 10 pounds for us. We fished the Whistle Bouy, Cape Beale area trolling needle fish hootchies an Silver Horde spoons in Irish Cream and Cookie's & Cream patterns. I'm new to Silver Horde spoons but they seem to be holding up well compared to the brand I used to use.
Lots of Halibut as well up to 50 pounds on octopus & herring.

www.rockypointcharters.ca

Limit of halibut for us yesterday in some pretty decent weather.

Kildonan will post some photos upon his return to Victoria.

Looks like a stellar week coming on as well.

No trips booked so I'll be out there on my own and keep filling ya in!

Gimee the gaff!!!

quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper

Limit of halibut for us yesterday in some pretty decent weather.

Kildonan will post some photos upon his return to Victoria.

Looks like a stellar week coming on as well.

No trips booked so I'll be out there on my own and keep filling ya in!

Gimee the gaff!!!

winds are light...boss's out of town...see ya Friday?

Pics as promised. Fishing with Osama, the Barkley Sound terrorist. [}:)]

The big guy doing battle
IMG_4091.jpg

The hero shot
IMG_4097.jpg

Some other fine eats collected during the day.
IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

A special thanks to Jodi and Jeff, finer hosts you will never find. An honourable mention to Sheldon and Wendy as well. Thanks all, was a hoot. [8D]

Looks like you guys had a great time. Some nice waters and a very good catch. Nice pics.

MM

Hey Osama,

Unfortunately going to have to take a rain check. Headed offshore for some real fishing with the Big Rig as of Friday - likely out a couple of weeks methinks. Will touch base upon my return and see if we can salvage a day or two out there before it all goes nutso for the season. Don't sorelip them all Buddy! :D

Cheers,
Nog

I'll second what Kildonan said, we had another great time on the water with Jeff! There was no dickin' around finding the fish; Jeff heads straight out to the spot, we drop the gear and right on cue we've got 2 hali's to the boat! It makes all the difference to a successful day when you go with a guide who's on the water as much as Jeff is. Hospitality is second to none with Jeff & Jodi (and Jas & Nixon too!)just superb people!
Thanks for the introduction to a new species for me too, I've never caught hag fish before and I hope to never again! I have not seen anything so slimy and disgusting since that skank at the Port Renfrew Pub...
Thanks again Jeff and Jodi, we love ya and we'll be back.

Heating up to be a great weekend out here!

Degree of Freedom is en route, Fog Ducker and his buddy are out there setting their traps as we speak...

Bottomfishing yesterday produced some beauty yelloweye and lings for us, Sheldons got the camera, I will get pics up shortly though, some gorgeous fish.

Weather looks like shes gonna stay relatively mellow so there oughtta be some good reports coming! Have fun wherever you're draggin bait this weekend fellas.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Heading out there Friday afternoon, anything happening on the inside. We could use a fish for dinner. Jeff you need anything from Parksville?
We are staying at Mills so should see you around, drop by for a shot of Julio... If you have no one to fish with on the weekend we have lots of room

Needle fish? Whats that? Salmon don't eat those they eat shrimp!
Aye- Ca rumba!

Osama treated me to a cooler full of tasty bottom fish yesterday, including a 16 lb yelloweye and low twenties hali...thanks again! Too bad I couldn't stay longer...gotta keep the peace on the homefront so I can return again soon;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back