Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osama Bin Hopper

Spring has sprung!

Limits of springs 7-10lbs in 3 hours for 3 people.

One wild fish of the marbled variety and the rest from the hatches down south. Sunburns and salmon. Love it.

Great way to start the spring. There will be fish inshore until summer now.

UNKNOWN - whatever that little silver number was that you left me has been a firecracker! Last salmon of the day destroyed it though!!!

My wife will be in Saturday. If you are not there could you have a couple ready with my name so she can just grab them?

Gimee the gaff!!!

Jeff man!! your killing me. Between the halli a couple days ago and now this. I gotta get my boat cleaned up and get down there. Still thinking second weekend of April.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

Jeff, I will be down on Saturday...can you PM me with any updates. Tx

Searun

th_067.jpg

Right on Rob thanks.

Fuel will be available at Green Cove or Poett Nook for the weekend, McKay Bay here tends to not be at this time of the year.

Jencourt - keep me posted?

Pat. Esent.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Osama
I'll tell ya just where you can Sprung your Spring....

Why don't you add some pictures to realy make your reports Burn.

It has warmed up to -11 with light snow in Fort Mac.

Hi Guys, fished the sound last tuesday and wednesday, McKay Bay was open and serving fuel at 1.30 a litre.

Hali fishing at Cape Beale today. Dropped the hook just as the southeast winds started to blow, and the rain was going sideways. The boat wanted to lay sideways to the swell and I new we wouldn't be staying there long as the slop was coming to within a foot of my gunnels. And they are high!
Then it happened, fish on! Got the 20 pounder into the boat and the gear back down. Then a back rod took off. Fish on! Then the starboard rod went. Then the port rod goes. Triple header!! Another 20, a 35, and a 45. Pull the hook and we're outa here. Crappy weather but a great morning fishing.
Bod

www.rockypointcharters.ca

quote:Originally posted by Bod

Hali fishing at Cape Beale today. Dropped the hook just as the southeast winds started to blow, and the rain was going sideways. The boat wanted to lay sideways to the swell and I new we wouldn't be staying there long as the slop was coming to within a foot of my gunnels. And they are high!
Then it happened, fish on! Got the 20 pounder into the boat and the gear back down. Then a back rod took off. Fish on! Then the starboard rod went. Then the port rod goes. Triple header!! Another 20, a 35, and a 45. Pull the hook and we're outa here. Crappy weather but a great morning fishing.
Bod

www.rockypointcharters.ca

Hey Ken, hope the winter spring fishing down there is still holding strong as it was back in Feb when we met you at the Calgary show. Keep in touch!

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

*NEW VIDEO*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEzuNC59ck

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

Unknown, do you have anything in a pilchard pattern, 6 to 8 inch?

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IFL, I got this at PNT last summer 7" #50 + black sharpie

DSCN04141.jpg

after tweaking them into what I left you, I have put them into production and the first run will be available in May. There will be 6 popular colors. I'll get you some as soon as they are ready to go. Also my newest Tomic customs, some variations of last years color will be ready in a few weeks...I'll get you fishing them as soon as they are in. I have two early season colors and 3 late, in 5, 6, and 7 inch, and last years will now be in 5 inch and 6 inch tubby, as well and the 6 and 7 like last year.

---------------------

I'm kind of new to this forum - but after reading the above text - I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind of spoon/lure/plug is being discussed here. First run of what? Whatever that little silver number was is really what? Am I missing something??

A couple new offering from Tomic look rather good to me!

pilchard_series_2009_w_names_pic-1.jpg

mike_pilch_2_ways_b.jpg

Going to be ordering a few of the better ones FOR SURE!

Cheers,
Nog

You're a teaser.:DKeep us posted. I need some new stuff for the tackle box that will help with a better year,and last year was pretty good.
My boat is starting to like the salt, just not the ferry rates.
Keep the production going UNKNOWN,we want news that the stuff is ready for us poor fishers!!![8D]

IAFF Local #18 (Vancouver Fire Rescue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back