Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by the fog ducker, Apr 12, 2012.

1. the fog ducker

the fog ducker Well-Known Member

Fellas

Need ta cheer Jeffrey up ! , i here ya bro , sites came off the rails a bit ,,,
    see if i can help things get back on track..

SO,,,

fished a few days , covered alot of water , the fish are definitely not in the lower sound in any numbers atleast , my fish were all mid sound and out toward the surf , ALOT of fish in the 4-lb range , mostly marked , put ur time in and you will be rewarded , i kept 4 fish between 10-14lbs , all on needlefish , stomachs were loaded !, fish are now suspended a little higher , 60-80 feet was my range , i released atleast 20 fish , good sign of things to come ...

spent a day with Jeff and Jerry , Halibut fishing was great , came home with my " 1" possession , lol...
    thx ta Jeff , always hooks up with Halli ! had a blast...

Crabbing soso , prawning was great for me..

get out there , have some fun...

later boyzz

fd

sum shotz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. the fog ducker

3. the fog ducker

4. Finished Business

Finished Business Well-Known Member

Deadly Felix! Way to smash them! Really happy to hear you go some glass offshore and were able to plunk a butt from the deep! Love the shot of the thermometer lol! Summers coming...!

Chin up Lad!

5. Kildonan

Kildonan Well-Known Member

Myself and big Brian are on route to Bamfield tomorrow for a few days of swilling and laughs with mr. Jeff. Looking forward to it.

Report to follow when we're done.

6. pwport

pwport Member

I'm heading out for the day tomorrow in my green hourston...we'll see what we can find. Thx for the encouraging report fd.

7. kelly

kelly Well-Known Member

Atta boy Felix its good to start getting some positive reports. Hopefully the site turns around. How's the road right now?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
  8. Business Time

Business Time Member

Nice report Felix !!

9. the fog ducker

Excellent ,less than an hour to the nook

fd

10. firelight

firelight Active Member

way to go, got to get out there.

11. Osama Bin Hopper

Osama Bin Hopper Active Member

Nice report Felix.

Looking forward to seeing Kildonan, Brian and maybey even Kelly this weekend. Weather might turn but we will see what happens!!

Be my last bit of sportfishing for a bit as I leave next week for Esperanza on a troller.

PWPORT we will watch for your boat.

12. the fog ducker

Oh Yeah !!

Jeff fn Jerry are both pretty swamped , maybe Osama can fill ya in a bit before he departs ,

The Annual Bamfield Halibut Derby is a %100 go , i believe May 19th and 20th ( Victoria Day Long Wknd )
    are the fishing dates , This is a GREAT weekend , get out there....

later

fd

13. the fog ducker

Commercial Prawning to open May 3rd ,i believe she told me, just off da phone with dfo,
    get out there before the bubble gum machine explodes !

fd

14. Kildonan

Nothing much to report fish wise from our trip other than strong winds resulting in much beer swilling fun on the deck of our Mills Landing cabin. Lots of laughing and story telling as per usual... Good stuff.

Man, Gerry and Diana are doing a great job on the place. Two thumbs up, guys!!

Lots of fun as always with Jeff. Thanks mate, always a blast.

15. Tide Up

Tide Up Member

Kildonan it was a pleasure to hang with you and Big Guy and the Bin Hopper.Mills was a treat to stay at and hangin with you guys and imbibing on a beverage or three made it a good weekend.Hope to see you again out there
    We picked up a few bugs on the way home

16. Kildonan

Great you got some prawns! Was good to meet you guys too, I hope our paths will cross again.

Cheers,
    Jim.

17. pwport

pwport Member

Our trip out to the Bamfield Wall turned up nothing much. Then off to Kirby Pt. and finding some bottomfish....but the best part was clear blue skies on Friday & a great show by some eagles. Couldn't find the springs, but sure worth the trip down there!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  18. Bigman

Bigman New Member

I concur with Kildonan, another great stay at Mills! Gerry and Diane continue to add to the facilities, that walk in cooler is looking good although they told me its not a walk in beer cooler. They are such great people, they make it feel like you're staying with friends when you stay at Mills.

Too bad the weather kept us on shore on the Saturday, the upside was an extended shift on the deck BSing and drinking in the beautiful sunshine. Good to know I can still drink all day. Coffee drinks at 7:15 am, then beer, then rum & coke, then more beer until midnight. I still got it!!

The stories Jim and Jeff can tell are varied, numerous and entertaining; ask Jeff about how he finished his car salesman career...
    Really nice to meet the Collins brothers too, lots of laughs! Good guys and I hope we run into you boys again.

I know there are lots of other places to stay in Bamfield but if you haven't stayed at Mills and met Jerry, Diane and Jeff you are missing out!
    Bigman

19. kelly

kelly Well-Known Member

Anyone heading up next weekend? We will be in a 25ft white hourston with a white aluminum hardtop, suzuki power and "JP'S Fishing Adventures" decal on the side.

20. casper5280

casper5280 Well-Known Member

Kelly is that your buddies "project boat". If it is wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of it to see how it turned out.