Bamfield Poett Nook 2014- 2015

nice report Xavier, sounds like a good time. Hoping for one of those anniversaries in my future - haha

just returned from 3 days out of bamfield, it was incredible. We bonked 15 springs all between 15 - 26lbs and five coho plus released 10 springs. Fishing shallow 30-45' with a needlefish splatterback hootchie was the ticket. Can't wait to get back over there for the derby.

Spent a week at the Nook green Coho killer on short leader Spring love it three of use limited out Also army truck teaser head

just returned from 3 days out of bamfield, it was incredible. We bonked 15 springs all between 15 - 26lbs and five coho plus released 10 springs. Fishing shallow 30-45' with a needlefish splatterback hootchie was the ticket. Can't wait to get back over there for the derby.

Awesome - can you tell us where abouts it was working for you?

Awesome - can you tell us where abouts it was working for you?[/QUO

There was a stellar bite at first light right at the wall, but you had to get right in tight to the rocks. That slowed down around 8 ish. After that we would move on to another spot but unfortunately I can't disclose that info, I have to keep some secrets especially with derby weekend coming up;)

Cheers.

so you mean to say this secret spot that is so sacred will give you the winning fish for the derby? come on... haha

Secret spot

Awesome - can you tell us where abouts it was working for you?[/QUO

There was a stellar bite at first light right at the wall, but you had to get right in tight to the rocks. That slowed down around 8 ish. After that we would move on to another spot but unfortunately I can't disclose that info, I have to keep some secrets especially with derby weekend coming up;)

Cheers.

I think he is probably talking about Robbers, the meat hole! Everyone is welcome, I dont know if we could fit another boat in there! Lol

U think???? what 45 boats yesterday ..at least there was only 25 today..but what a weed feast...:)

so you mean to say this secret spot that is so sacred will give you the winning fish for the derby? come on... haha

No I don't assume the winning fish will come from there, though you never know:D. However I do know there were fish there and only one other boat for the whole two and a half days I was there and having fished the derby many times I know what a gong show it can become. Just trying to avoid the crowds.

Cheers, Good luck.

I'll be fishing the secret meat hole Saturday morning with my secret green splatter back hoochie, 42" leader and a purple/gold flasher at 35' See yu'all there

Fished Bamfield area Tues and Wed. The fog really limited areas if you didnt have radar as it didnt lift until 11 am. We managed 5 spring (14-17 lbs) and 1 coho 12 lbs. Spoons and plastic didnt work for us. All fish caught on anchovies between 40 and 90 feet. Our friend with a radar hit the 5 mile bank and limited in 1hr with 22-28 lbs.

I am in love! For the first time ever, my husband and I motored out from PA to Bamfield and spent 4 nights there. We got home on Aug 28th. With the fog, we did not intend to fish offshore, (no radar, 21 ft boat). However, there was absolutely no need. We limited out on Spring, all between 17 and 25 lbs. Each day we ended up targeting coho (only caught 2), so we wouldn't have to stop fishing too soon. There was quite a seal/sea lion problem. They seem practically tame and are very adept at depredation. Not good. Other than that and the a.m. marine fog, it was a wonderful trip. Question: Were we just really, really fortunate w/ our timing, or is the inside fishing predictably good in late August? We loved the Bamfeild vibe and w those kinds of results, hope to make it an annual trip (at least). Do we need a reality check??

Nope, that can be a pretty regular occurence out there at this time of year...and Bamfield can have a magical effect on people.

Sure can be ...just spent the weekend there myself with the family... they love it there...:)

Fished the Deer group today for 6hrs and was a stealer day.... thinking there is another slug of fish coming thru..:) Oh 6 killer whales as far in as the narrows in the cannel this afternoon....

I think those killer whales were chasing a certain Port Alberni guide off the water...he needed something to talk about, certainly wasn't the fish he couldn't catch...lol.

The only thing Bamfield is missing is a Diamond Drill coring out on the Tyee rock bluff....

Just came back this PM from Poett Nook... Fishing is very good, if you put in the hours... Nothing spectacular, but plenty of nice fish around... This afternoon was particularly HOT (weather wise, of course)

DSCF3671.jpg
(This is Felix special thermometer)

So I went fishing this morning with someone that all the Poett Nook people know... We got 2 nice Chinooks and 2 Cohos,
a 24, a 20 and nice size Cohos... There is still loads of fish in the Barkley Sound, awaiting nice folks to try and catch them:)

DSCF3669.jpg

The wall, close to Bamfield, strip of the wall between Ellis and Danvers, and Pill point were the place to fish, last few days.

Back