Bamfield Poett Nook 2014- 2015

that was u I saw yesterday...Nice fish... picked up 4 there yesterday...nothing of that size...... Went 5 for 9 inside over all biggest was 19lbs... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I suck....been fishing since 6am this morning. ...nothing. not even a bite. Fished cape beale and Bellingham so far...just a lot of those dead blue jellyfish

P8090612.jpgFished bamfield Saturday 6am until noon sunday. killed 8 coho, 8 springs (up to 32lbs, 12 lings, 8 yellow eye, 4 hali (up to 40lbs). Fished offshore about 10-12 miles. Cuttlefish hootchies were by far the best lure fishing 80-110ft. Only fished salmon for 2 hours on Saturday so I'd say fishing is pretty damn good if you time it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 weeks til derby time...since offshore wont be an option I hope this thread starts lighting up soon. They gotta come in from the cold sooner or later...

Any reports out there? Considering making the trip over this weekend, or maybe just sticking around French Creek. Seems slooooow out there.

Hope you are telling the truth Kelly, I'm coming over this weekend to try out the new pod on my boat and hopefully bonk a few smilies.

Roads are as good as they get and absolutely as dusty as they get.

I always come in via Cowichan. The North Shore and Cowichan Mains are in need of a grader -- lots of potholes so going is slow. If you are coming from Cowichan and take the Flora Main shortcut, they were doing some logging and the road narrowed quite a bit in some sections.

Have not been in Port Alberni since last summer, seemed to be some new development adjacent to the free parking at Clutesi Haven, is there free parking still available there for vehicles and trailers? Hoping to put in there and head out to Bamfield early next week.

Back