Bamfield/Poett Nook 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed out on Friday & trolled around Kirby Point and beyond. We saw a bunch of bait around 150 ft, (we fished between 80-120) but after trolling for about 4 hours (using anchovy & coyote spoons) - not a bite. Nice to be out, but sure would've been nice to find some fish. There was one other boat in the area, and they said they hadn't got anything either.

Anyone been out lately?
Heading down to the cabin on friday for a few days so will have a report early next week.

The five and seven mile banks are loaded with fish. Winds kept us at Kirby yesterday morning and we hooked 6 springs from 7 - 13 pounds. Got a couple at Mearse this morning.

Thanks for the great report. Are these mostly the American hatch jobs?

They wher4e talking about revising Coho/Chinook regs (IE timing in some areas.) Have not checked to see if it is done yet but that could delay them posting the map ????

Last edited by a moderator:
The five and seven mile banks are loaded with fish. Winds kept us at Kirby yesterday morning and we hooked 6 springs from 7 - 13 pounds. Got a couple at Mearse this morning.
Nice Bod! I was at Kirby last week and couldn't get a hit - just wondering how deep you were fishing & what you were using?
yup the usual questions from a guy who seems to be a slow learner (but at least I admit right :)

This time of the year I just chase the the feed. 157 ft. was the best depth for me Monday. Kirby, or anywhere on the inside is not on fire by any means but that is where the wind made us fish. The Banks are where I'll be the next 4 days weather permitting.

Great reports all nice to see the fishing season coming on strong. Good luck to all you anglers this May Long Weekend hope to see some great pictures and reports posted at the end of it all.

A new wave of nice sized fish showing up in the Tofino area, along the 20 fathom edge....should be hitting Ukee as well. Mostly upper teens/lower 20's. Went 5/8 on half day trip Friday. Go get 'em boys!

Attachments

• John Lloyd.jpg
    John Lloyd.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 679
Thanks Fishtofino for the Tofino tip, for anyone in the Ucluelet area those mid teens are being caught inside south and outside south bank 3 - 7 miles out one after another.

Still good out there. Went 9 for 17 with a boat load of rookies in not perfect wind/sea conditions.

Attachments

• kids 2.jpg
    kids 2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 506
A new wave of nice sized fish showing up in the Tofino area, along the 20 fathom edge....should be hitting Ukee as well. Mostly upper teens/lower 20's. Went 5/8 on half day trip Friday. Go get 'em boys!

Next weekend for me... lets hope they are around then... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back