Bamfield/Poett Nook 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a derby happening on the May long weekend? Halibut or salmon?
T2

Launched in Port today and headed out fishing with Bart and my buddy Steve.

The ride out was socked in fog except for this little patch gold near Camp A.

95fc8d7f-fbe0-42e8-bdd9-ccadb984eba1_zpsf329c3fb.jpg

Dropped the crab pots on the way out and headed out just past the broken group and tried our best for the flatties with nothing to show after 3 hours. We did hook up 14 ling cod in that time with 8 of them being legal . A couple of them were dandy's as well. Had to release all of them but it made some nice action while trying for the flatties.

3d7a41b3-cc7f-4e74-a092-4e8a00bfa237_zps64dcd858.jpg

I marked the spots and will be back lol. With the action we had today on the lings I'm sure it will be a good year for them. The water conditions where stellar all day. We caught two incidental rock fish as well that we kept.

We picked up the crab pots on the way back and only managed a couple of legals. One pot had sun fish in it and the other pot was pretty loaded with under sized, female, and two legals. Assitz area looked to good to pass up and tried trolling for 40 minutes there with one hit to an anchovy. All in all a great day on the water but I'm bagged and remember how tiring the day trips are out there. Can't wait to get up to da beach and leave the boat there.

We might try it again on Monday as the weather looks great all weekend!

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
If some were legal, why did you not keep a couple for fish n chips? Not open yet?

They are not open yet. Still had great fun reeling them in. A couple of them put up quite the fight. We hit a nice patch of them that resulted in about 5 fish in 20 minutes at one particlular spot. I ended up marking two spots through out the day that I will got back and try again for sure. I'm starting to compile quite the list of ling cod spots over the last two years lol. I love them for fish and chips. The best IMO.

Like the jig you are using... They don"t catch fish... ssshhh... :) :)

Yup. Black and pink glow was the hot mudraker for the day. That jig accounted for almost half of the ling hooks ups:cool:. The good old white Berkley power grub enticed a couple as well as the good old salmon belly:). We tried it all inlcuding large herring and a orange and yellow mudraker.

The mudrakers were brought out after loosing some spreader bar gear in the rock piles we were fishing. I think we lost two set ups. We snagged up quite a bit during the day and amazingly we got off most of the time!

Thanks for the accusations derby but up until a few months ago I had no clue who you were or who Rvp was. I have never stepped in PNT in my life in any of the stores well once in Richmond. Nockoff I don't think so people ask me to make something I make it (big guide company) It's not my fault I can offer high quality products at ridiculous prices that look amazing. Thanks to RVP I have developed and even better product . I don't use the mudraker all mine went overboard the Berkley mullet will outperform that any day off the week too bad Berkley discontinued them.

There's shitloads of guys pouring lead but not many coating that probably the reason why Rvp and now Derby hate me and try to bash me down.

I will not get into any heated arguments with you but from what I am told this is not like you and are a great guy but who knows or maybe somebody else is logging in on your account. I got haters from Vic to Campbell River and again on the Mainland. All the guys who buys my balls love them and want more and more .

Thanks FA I can't make everybody happy

If you want to accuse me of **** come say it to my face don't hide behind keyboard.

PNT Richmond is low on Balls maybe I should see if they need some at smoking prices =)

Tony CCB

Back on track.

Have a ball war on another thread guys.

Halibut are coming in, some nice ones, this week has finally been nice enough to get out there.

Salmon fishing is good from Bamfield harbour along the beach and out around the surfline. Some good fish being taken as well. Gorgeous weekend for it!!

And Tsuared it's a hali derby on May long weekend. Not a huge one, but about 7-10 boats and a bit of fun.

Thanks for the accusations derby but up until a few months ago I had no clue who you were or who Rvp was. I have never stepped in PNT in my life in any of the stores well once in Richmond. Nockoff I don't think so people ask me to make something I make it (big guide company) It's not my fault I can offer high quality products at ridiculous prices that look amazing. Thanks to RVP I have developed and even better product . I don't use the mudraker all mine went overboard the Berkley mullet will outperform that any day off the week too bad Berkley discontinued them.

There's shitloads of guys pouring lead but not many coating that probably the reason why Rvp and now Derby hate me and try to bash me down.

I will not get into any heated arguments with you but from what I am told this is not like you and are a great guy but who knows or maybe somebody else is logging in on your account. I got haters from Vic to Campbell River and again on the Mainland. All the guys who buys my balls love them and want more and more .

If you want to accuse me of **** come say it to my face don't hide behind keyboard.

PNT Richmond is low on Balls maybe I should see if they need some at smoking prices =)

Tony CCB

Oh good Lord......... What a load of testosterone on this site

Tony CCB[/QUO

wow..... have a great day.... :)

Nice report Jeff.

Man the conditions are stellar. Flat seas and no wind! Just talked to firelight who is out fishing Sail Rock right now. Apparently Trophy Hunter is out there too.

Time to fish people:). Get out there.

Cheers,
John

Nice report Jeff.

Man the conditions are stellar. Flat seas and no wind! Just talked to firelight who is out fishing Sail Rock right now. Apparently Trophy Hunter is out there too.

Time to fish people:). Get out there.

Cheers,
John

Shawn is out there right now.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back