Atnarko River

T

tight lines

I am trying to plan a trip to the Atnarko for Spring Salmon fishing in late June or early July. Over the past few years, which has been the better time for the run, last week of June or first week of July?
Thanks for any advice

Definitely either late June or early July if you're looking for Springs. Its been a few years since I've fished that flow but for a few years in the mid 90's it was a guaranteed long weekend for me and a couple of buds some time during that time frame.

Be prepared for a few beeks from Williams Lake looking for some canner fodder as well as some overly friendly Grizz - especially around the Fisheries Hole campground if memory serves me well.

Beautiful flow, large slabs and a cool drive through some of the best trout fishing in the Province. Worthy of about two weeks in my estimation.

Have fun.

Gama.

Definitely either late June or early July if you're looking for Springs. Its been a few years since I've fished that flow but for a few years in the mid 90's it was a guaranteed long weekend for me and a couple of buds some time during that time frame.

Be prepared for a few beeks from Williams Lake looking for some canner fodder as well as some overly friendly Grizz - especially around the Fisheries Hole campground if memory serves me well.

Beautiful flow, large slabs and a cool drive through some of the best trout fishing in the Province. Worthy of about two weeks in my estimation.

Have fun.

Gama.

Have fun.

Gama.

Thanks for the advice, I have been there in the past but have been out of Province for four years so I wasn't sure if things had changed or not.

Gama Katsu: When you indicated trout fishing, do you mean the ride into the park or in the Atnarko itself? Are there any good spots to stop at for a lunch and fly or two?

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, I have been there in the past but have been out of Province for four years so I wasn't sure if things had changed or not.

Gama Katsu: When you indicated trout fishing, do you mean the ride into the park or in the Atnarko itself? Are there any good spots to stop at for a lunch and fly or two?

Thanks

Thanks

Try the upper Dean in between Nimpo Lake and Anahim for "Cuttbow" hybrids. Usually pretty receptive to flies but getting away from the road a bit will find less spooky fish. Elk Hair Caddis's seemed to work well for me.

Gama

Try the upper Dean in between Nimpo Lake and Anahim for "Cuttbow" hybrids. Usually pretty receptive to flies but getting away from the road a bit will find less spooky fish. Elk Hair Caddis's seemed to work well for me.

Gama

Gama

Back