Arima Fixed Mount Kicker Bracket

Enniberg

I decided to put a new kicker on my boat. Was going to get a fixed mount bracket directly from Arima, but they are not able to deliver on a short notice.
I think I recall there used to be someone on the Island that was making Arima specific brackets, although I cant' remember who that was.
Does anyone here know of someone - on the mainland or on the island?

Bite me too brackets used to be manufactured in Victoria. I think the owner retired but somebody bought the company I believe. Sherwood Marine used to retail them. I have one on my boat it is a solid product.

There still being made locally, quick google search will give you all the info on them

I bought mine a few years ago from Sherwood Marine in Victoria. They sold Arimas and had someone make them specifically for the Arimas. Worked great, came in power coated white.

Shane

I bought mine a few years ago from Sherwood Marine in Victoria. They sold Arimas and had someone make them specifically for the Arimas. Worked great, came in power coated white.

Shane

Thanks BM and Burnsy for pointing me to Sherwood - they do stock a fixed bracket for Arima.
I believe both of you have or used to have Arima boats? if so, I'm wondering if you can provide me any info on how the Sherwood bracket was mounted on your boat? My Arima is older and still has the original bracket mount - did yours have this? Were you able to use the same mounting holes after removing it?
The guy at Sherwood said they have a 10" and a 12". The width of the adapter on the back of my boat now is ~10", so I was hoping that it might fit.

bracketadapter_zpsqy1hftpz.jpg

Mine is a 10" on my 17'. I have a standard F8 long shaft, no power tilt. You might want to check that you don't need the wider one if you are going power tilt to be sure. My boat is a 2013 and I only had to file the holes slightly on my bracket to fit the factory pattern. That said your bracket looks higher on sponson than mine. You may have to modify accordingly. I'm not at home or would send a picture

Mine is a 10" on my 17'. I have a standard F8 long shaft, no power tilt. You might want to check that you don't need the wider one if you are going power tilt to be sure. My boat is a 2013 and I only had to file the holes slightly on my bracket to fit the factory pattern. That said your bracket looks higher on sponson than mine. You may have to modify accordingly. I'm not at home or would send a picture

Thanks BM - looks like Arima put the mounting bolts much higher on the older boats. When you say "standard F8 long shaft", do you mean 20" shaft?

MIne was mounted by Parksville boathouse after buying it in Victoria, as I live in Nanaimo. Dont think mine had the other stock bracket yours had. Mine was the 25 inch power trim tilt model, 2013. I no longer have the boat, but I did keep the pictures lol.

Great pictures Burnsy, very helpful. Thank you!

I suppose that if BM has his bracket mounted at the same height as yours, and he can make it work with a 20" shaft, I might be able to make it work with a 25" shaft, on a bracket, mounted ~5 higher.
That is if the Sherwood bracket will work with the existing mounting bolts in the first place. I will know more when I receive it.

I know for a fact that the mounting of the bracket was a pain in the butt because of all the foam in the back and tight quarters to work with when drilling the holes and putting the bolts through. They said it took them 6-7 hours to mount it.

Mine is about the same height as the picture above and the 20” shaft works fine, rarely cavitation. I’m home now so message me if you need any pics or measurements.

Back