Apple wood smoked/baked Black Cherry Bourbon crumble pie

Chasin' Dreams

Not seafood but a great desert for a seafood dinner.

Ingredients: pie crust dough, 6 cups of black cherries, 1/4 cup of bourbon, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 3/4 cup of white sugar, salt, 1/4 cup of toasted sliced almonds, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/4 cup of flour, 3 tbsp of corn starch, and 1/4 cup of butter
1f60b.png

** This recipe called for some orange juice with orange rind. I made it that way but next time i won't include it. I think it took away from the cherry/bourbon flavor which are great on their own.

For the crumble: In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, almonds, salt and mix. Add the chilled butter and using your hands, combine to resemble crumbles. Let rest in the refrigerator.

For the filling: In a medium bowl, add sugar and cornstarch and whisk to combine. Add cherries and bourbon then fold together carefully with a spatula.

Using fresh or store bought pie dough, roll the dough big enough to cover a 10-inch cast iron pan. Crimp the edges.

Pour filling into the pie crust. Top the filling with the crumble and place in the grill.

Bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until juices are bubbling and crust and crumble topping is golden brown. Let pie cool a bit before cutting so the filling sets up a bit.

Smoked with apple wood chips while baking in cast iron pan. Served warm with vanilla bean ice cream.

20180120_182245.jpg
20180120_195248.jpg

20180120_211927.jpg

20180120_221543.jpg
20180120_221504.jpg

Last edited:
Back