Anything showing in the Nitnat?

my friend uncle is the manager i think at nitnat hatchery so we no where they go
thats y we know where they are

Heres a recent report from the nitinat. Fished the nitty last friday, heavy rains the day before brought the river up to the bushes and on the verge of being blown out! Clarity was about 18 inches and clearing as the day wore on! Dropped the jet sled in at Red Rock and ran up. First stop hatchey bowl, fished the tailout of the bowl, the bowl, the hatchey launch and above the intake. Throwing # 3 gold colorados with 4 medium shot and I hate to tell u if the coho were there with any #'s this is where they would be! Fished the hatchery section for a hour with one small coho jack hooked in the tailout section of the bowl.....terrible. We moved up river with little to no confidence, next stop road pool. Fished the road for about 15 minutes and not even a sniff. Rotting chum everywhere and the odd old boot spring still clinging to life! Next stop bridge pool, usually when the rivers this high the fish get pushed back to the tailout section of the bridge section. Hundreds of hookups in years past have proven this theroy. This day would be way different. Thirty minutes of pounding this area hard resulted in one beat up 6lb hatchery brat coho. Again pathetic! Moving up to one way, we meet up with kenzies drift boats parked in there usual spots! Shot up past them to the top of one way dropped anchor and began to toss hardware....again nothing. Watching kenzies boyz doing nothing aswell confirmed my fears that it wasnt us, there were no signifigant #'s off coho in the system. Decided to go for a sleigh ride up to parker to see if we could spot anything at all. Managed to see about 5 fresher looking coho on the move upriver and about 10 or so pairs of coho doing there buisness in a couple tailouts. Decided to head back down towards red rock and head home after this dismal day of coho fishing. Passing kenzie bear on the way down i asked how he and his guests were making out. A fightful look came over the bears face and he held up the international sign for nothing, the big goose egg! Decided to stop at bridge on the way down, that resulted in the first decent hook-up of the day. A 14 pound wild coho came to hand, a quick photo-op and sent him back to hopefully make some babies! Got on the throttle and headed down to the pull out! Wish there was better news, but this year seems to be a bust with low water conditions and low returns!! Off to fish the upper stamp, she opens tomorrow. Letcha know how we make out!

quote:Originally posted by bigguns

my friend uncle is the manager i think at nitnat hatchery so we no where they go
thats y we know where they are
What is his name chances are i worked for him? They go upriver it doesnt take a hatch manager to know that:D Roe bags good report even if the news isnt good. Sounds like you are def a Vet and know what your doing so im gonna listen to your report of low #s. Hopefully late. I might head out sat

to tell u the truth i really dont know its was at the begining of the summer when we went but i will find out his name

This site is getting completly over moderated! You can't even crack a joke at one of your friends without somebody wiping it out. Lets get serious guys, maybe you should find something else to do if you got nothing better to do than erase peoples posts that aren't even offesive.

Hey spooled thats why alot of the knowedgeable guys like fins,bags,rvp,and others quit posting on here when kevin took over as mod.No disrespect too kev but i think he's a little trigger happy most times.Unless your names wolf you cant say **** anymore or you'll get zapped!!!this is getting as bad as "BEEKBC"!

Oh ya on a positive note "vroom vroom"-"Code chrome" boys fins get doggy ready this is gonna be the year!!!!

oH YA forgot one more "fishhawk8-george i told dan we are gonna do a steel trip this year with ya!!!Get ready!!!

Don't worry there Vince, the Bite Me Boys are "onboard with the program"! We're trying to get Doggie out this weekend, I want to see that shiny Alumaweld out somewhere besides Langford Lake!!
Are you using the jetsled, I heard you might be selling it?
What's up with the Team Willie guys, any word from them?
You guys with the hard hull boats have had to wait for all this rain to get on the flow, Pat, Zek and I have pontooned the Nit 6 times since Labour Day.
Great post by Roe Bags by the way, not giving away too many secrets but enough info to be of use to Nit Newbies...

biggest the sled just came out of thegarage last night!!!Get ready!!

Quote By Spooled Again: This site is getting completly over moderated! You can't even crack a joke at one of your friends without somebody wiping it out. Lets get serious guys, maybe you should find something else to do if you got nothing better to do than erase peoples posts that aren't even offesive.

Quote By Vince Gee: Hey spooled thats why alot of the knowedgeable guys like fins,bags,rvp,and others quit posting on here when kevin took over as mod.No disrespect too kev but i think he's a little trigger happy most times.Unless your names wolf you cant say **** anymore or you'll get zapped!!!this is getting as bad as "BEEKBC"!

Haven't Moderated a or Zapped a post in over a month and a half. Remember there are two other Moderators on this site! I only moderate now when I recieve emails from members with concerns that I feel need to be dealt with. Yes we may have lost a few long time posters but the number of New Members has increased greatly. This site has alot of new things in the works for the future!

Funny how just after the first real get together of Sportsfishingbc (Hali Derby) putting names to faces quite a few people became real quite.

Sorry For The Hijack
Cheers Me

Knowing Bags and Vinnie for years and having fished with them I can appreciate their humor and would not be zapping their posts. Welcome back boys.

Spooled Again - if you have an issue with a post being zapped then email. Don't think it was me but I'm sure one of us can explain if given the opportunity.

TT

It must be close to steely time, things are starting to heat-up on this site. Bags,Vin,Mama and Biggest good to see some of the people that know what there talking about back on site. The newbie factor was getting brutal. My cousin's uncle twice removed manages the hatchery, he maybe saw a coho??? Anyways the Willie boys are ready to go as always...

quote:Funny how just after the first real get together of Sportsfishingbc (Hali Derby) putting names to faces quite a few people became real quite.

I have seen this on the other site I belong to. Plenty of guys love to play Lee Marvin at the keyboard. That is until they are face to face with someone and suddenly they become Woody Allen. Anyway I am new to this site and I love it. Great post Escape.

Vinnie why do you have to say things like that man of all people, now you have really hurt my feelings,hope your doing well good to see your still lurking on the site.
good luck with ball I think ill be retiring ths year go out on top as you know what I mean keep in touch.come by for beer anytime.

Wolf

Back