Anyone remember Holmes ?

scott craven

He was quite a character on the forum going back a few years.
He would comment a few words on just about every post.
Wonder if he's still about ?

I remember him but have no idea his whereabouts.

Yes, not sure what happened to him. He worked at Critter Cove then went to Rodgers Fishing Lodge. He was from back East so he may have gone back.

He was also a blackhawks fan, thought hecwas up around gold. River somewhere

Heard he went back East. I remember him wearing a Canucks jersey in a photo taken at the pub in Gold River after he lost a bet with a Canucks fan, can't remember who that was. He was a diehard Chicago fan. Also loved fishing plugs if I recall correctly. I also recall some members calling him a post *****. That a bit nasty, though.

anyone remember Esox Lucius? Latin for northern pike. miserable sod. picked fights with everyone. that's back when georgie from logan lake was a moderator. dating myself now.....

Yes, holmes is living in southern Ontario. I think life has dealt him some bad hands but see him post on FB once in a while.

anyone remember Esox Lucius? Latin for northern pike. miserable sod. picked fights with everyone. that's back when georgie from logan lake was a moderator. dating myself now.....

Wasn't that on the old fishbc site? I think esox still frequents another forum under another handle.

Back in the day, after you were banned from every site, you came to sfbc as it was the penal colony of online fishing forums. Everything was cool here, no moderators. There was a code of conduct managed by the convicts. Some pretty funny **** happened here. lol

Wasn't that on the old fishbc site? I think esox still frequents another forum under another handle.

Back in the day, after you were banned from every site, you came to sfbc as it was the penal colony of online fishing forums. Everything was cool here, no moderators. There was a code of conduct managed by the convicts. Some pretty funny **** happened here. lol
I don't recall; i could have sworn it was sfbc. maybe i'm wrong. i took a break for about 7 years or so. Some days around here i think it's the inmates running the asylum! :)

Yes, holmes is living in southern Ontario. I think life has dealt him some bad hands but see him post on FB once in a while.
I believe you are correct on all points...spent a day steelheading with him on the Gold river...great guy had a heart of gold :)

Last edited:
Back