Anybody fished old Les Davis Cut Plug 5" lure before?

kingblazer84

I just happend to get one of these in mint shape from a buddy a 5" les davis cut plug herring lure, looks pretty decent, ive done a little reading and some guys say they work others like all of us tried them once and never used them again.. lol

so anybody on here had any major luck with these lures before??

I do know that they are somewhat collectible as well

A board member I fished with a few times likes them but remember they are designed to fished at slower speeds.

And of course everything old is new again

41otp83iQzL.jpg

http://bradskillerfishinggear.com/super-bait-cut-plug/

A board member I fished with a few times likes them but remember they are designed to fished at slower speeds.

And of course everything old is new again

41otp83iQzL.jpg

http://bradskillerfishinggear.com/super-bait-cut-plug/
I’ve never fished a plug before, but this one looks good. Nice shine and natural looking. I would really like to try one so I can fight a fish without a flasher.
FB 84 could you please post a pic of your “new” Len Davis? Let us know how they do!

I love em.....Last fall I was able to buy 10 from places like ebay and such. I do like to troll them between 1.8 and 2.3 mph. I generally like to use the 4" but I do have a couple 5"s. I was not on the island when they first came out, and from peoples comments, they were a little more popular than the Charlie White, Ultimate lure, lol. I always have one rod fishing with a proven lure, and the other for experimenting. When I pulled out one of these to try, I was not disappointed. My best day last year using the cut plug, I caught 9 springs on a 4" cut plug. Give it a try, it has great action, and its not one of those that you put down to try, then can't wait to try something else. good luck and have fun.

I’ve never fished a plug before, but this one looks good. Nice shine and natural looking. I would really like to try one so I can fight a fish without a flasher.
FB 84 could you please post a pic of your “new” Len Davis? Let us know how they do!

here is a pic of the one I have in mint shape looks just like this one but silver flash scales on the sides

Attachments

• cut plug.JPG
    cut plug.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 167
Do you use a dummy fasher on the cannonball with plugs or just use it by itself?

I think that there is a knock off of the said plug called a true roll. The other one pictured is a brads bait super cut plug. It has it's days and i always keep a couple on board just in case lol

All you lucky people that get to fish in other areas where there is so much salmon that you can fish with things other then anchovies.

So I emailed Misty River Tackle in Terrace and they do have stock of these-in a twist of fate the closure of Wholesale Sports and subsequent unpaid invoices has left the manufacturer in a tough spot who knows how long he'll be able to hang on.

I love em.....Last fall I was able to buy 10 from places like ebay and such. I do like to troll them between 1.8 and 2.3 mph. I generally like to use the 4" but I do have a couple 5"s. I was not on the island when they first came out, and from peoples comments, they were a little more popular than the Charlie White, Ultimate lure, lol. I always have one rod fishing with a proven lure, and the other for experimenting. When I pulled out one of these to try, I was not disappointed. My best day last year using the cut plug, I caught 9 springs on a 4" cut plug. Give it a try, it has great action, and its not one of those that you put down to try, then can't wait to try something else. good luck and have fun.
I have been looking everywhere to purchase some Charlie White Ultimate Lures. Would you happen to know where I could buy some? My friend is a Captain and his Dad swears by them. Thank you

I have been looking everywhere to purchase some Charlie White Ultimate Lures. Would you happen to know where I could buy some? My friend is a Captain and his Dad swears by them. Thank you

Garage sales. I have a bunch. You can also find the small plastic cut plugs from the 60/70's and a real treasure - the spoons made out of actual real Mother of Pearl which just slay Coho but have not been made in many decades.

Garage sales. I have a bunch. You can also find the small plastic cut plugs from the 60/70's and a real treasure - the spoons made out of actual real Mother of Pearl which just slay Coho but have not been made in many decades.
Would you be willing to sell any? Or would you happen to know someone that would? Thank you for your reply.

I inherited these 4" and 5" les davis plugs.

Should these be fished or kept on a shelf? They aren't mint, but pretty close

1709165749438.png
1709165770696.png

Back in the 80's we used to fish those Inshore in Quepos Costa Rica they were killer on Mackerel (until they got chewed to dirt).

Back