any salmon out there

Yo Manitobin, I talked to one of the Ukee boys this morn, he was at Great Bear and said it was pretty slow, but the did manage to put a few in the box. Seems like we are in a bit of a lul, for sure..
It'll turn arouind pretty quick..
It has to, I've got a charter this weekend!!
See you out there...

Yo Manitobin, I talked to one of the Ukee boys this morn, he was at Great Bear and said it was pretty slow, but the did manage to put a few in the box. Seems like we are in a bit of a lul, for sure..
See you out there...

See you out there...

Tried to get out to Big Bank on Friday but the weather was the shitz..Couldn't even make a run for Beal!!! Talked with the Cigarette Cove boyz and the inside has slowed down when the herring moved out!!! Try the Bank in the next couple weeks, has anyone fished Swiftsure this year??? Any early fish showing???..I know Renfrew was producing some quality fish two weeks ago, then the same fish showed in whirl Bay area a week ago. Probably headed for Oak Bay flats this week and onto Puget Sound!!!

Tried to get out to Big Bank on Friday but the weather was the shitz..Couldn't even make a run for Beal!!! Talked with the Cigarette Cove boyz and the inside has slowed down when the herring moved out!!! Try the Bank in the next couple weeks, has anyone fished Swiftsure this year??? Any early fish showing???..I know Renfrew was producing some quality fish two weeks ago, then the same fish showed in whirl Bay area a week ago. Probably headed for Oak Bay flats this week and onto Puget Sound!!!

Area G Troll has been actively fishing springs since mid-April.
In April, most of the boats wandered North to settle in the area of Esperanza. I've been up there for the last two weeks and change. Loads of BIG springs targetting both red feed and large herring. Landed fish to 40 pounds, and quite a wicked morning show about 15 miles out (the 'Corners'). A few boats left the North about a week ago to rejoin the fleet working South Bank, 7, 10 12 mile Banks and the Big Bank.
Fishing on the southern Banks has started to 'heat up' over the last few days. Although not as large as the northern fish, they are of decent quality, ranging from 15 through 25 pounds. Also quite a few coho about (one at 15 lbs released a couple of days ago). Heard more than a few hali's being intercepted on the Big Bank by those who've made it out.
The season gets nothing but better from here! Get out there and ENJOY!
Tight Lines...
Nog

In April, most of the boats wandered North to settle in the area of Esperanza. I've been up there for the last two weeks and change. Loads of BIG springs targetting both red feed and large herring. Landed fish to 40 pounds, and quite a wicked morning show about 15 miles out (the 'Corners'). A few boats left the North about a week ago to rejoin the fleet working South Bank, 7, 10 12 mile Banks and the Big Bank.
Fishing on the southern Banks has started to 'heat up' over the last few days. Although not as large as the northern fish, they are of decent quality, ranging from 15 through 25 pounds. Also quite a few coho about (one at 15 lbs released a couple of days ago). Heard more than a few hali's being intercepted on the Big Bank by those who've made it out.
Tight Lines...
Nog

Tight Lines...
Nog

for a new guy like me,are these fish scatered around at different depths,do they like 150ft bottom or do you just have to find them on different contures on the banks.How about mears and those areas when fish start moving in.

for a new guy like me,are these fish scatered around at different depths,do they like 150ft bottom or do you just have to find them on different contures on the banks.How about mears and those areas when fish start moving in.

There are definate hot spots on the banks, but short of spilling out a bunch of coordinates, your best bet is to do a few trips out there following a few of the regulars.
Once on the spot, first thing in the morning, you would start out fairly shallow, say around 50, to 75 feet, and then drop m down as the day progresses, until you are fishing right near the bottom, by mid morning. This is when you will start hitting the flat ones as well, while you are trolling for the springs.
Some of my favorite #s on the banks are 81, 101 feet. in the AM, then like I said, down in the mud by mid morn.. Good luck...

There are definate hot spots on the banks, but short of spilling out a bunch of coordinates, your best bet is to do a few trips out there following a few of the regulars.
Once on the spot, first thing in the morning, you would start out fairly shallow, say around 50, to 75 feet, and then drop m down as the day progresses, until you are fishing right near the bottom, by mid morning. This is when you will start hitting the flat ones as well, while you are trolling for the springs.
Some of my favorite #s on the banks are 81, 101 feet. in the AM, then like I said, down in the mud by mid morn.. Good luck...

Yo Manitoban, how about a report when you get in from Portland... I talked to a good buddy of mine who was there the other day, and said it was pretty quiet, but a few days earlier, it was on fire, so who knows..
Im busy chasing flat ones for a couple of days, although not the best tides for such sport, it is the only time my guys could get, so you take what you can..

Yo Manitoban, how about a report when you get in from Portland... I talked to a good buddy of mine who was there the other day, and said it was pretty quiet, but a few days earlier, it was on fire, so who knows..
Im busy chasing flat ones for a couple of days, although not the best tides for such sport, it is the only time my guys could get, so you take what you can..

Hey Prowler, news from OUTSIDE the banks on the 50 F edge is 100 plus a day... Large that is! Heading out Thursday.. Letcha know ;)

Back