Anti Theft Idea

It breaks my heart to hear about all of the boat thievery on Vancouver Island. I spend summers in Port Alberni, and it is getting real bad there. After my 9.9 Yamaha was stolen I installed a solar powered motion light on my rocket launcher. I pointed it down towards the engines and it is very bright.

I have to park my boat on the street and the light is bright enough to shine through bedroom window. It is also nice when getting on the boat in the early morning hours.

https://www.amazon.ca/Solar-1400-Lu...&sr=8-12&keywords=solar+motion+lights+outdoor

Yeah give them some light to they can work more efficiently lol! Just kidding, probably a deterrent most of the time. Game camera next to it?

After hearing about downriggers being stolen, I spray painted the top lids of mine bright red. It just makes them harder to sell. And it matches the color of my boat so it doesn't look terrible.

Also, hide a SPOT Trace in your boat. It tracks the location of it and you can view it on a webpage or your phone. Can send you a text when the boat is moved.

After hearing about downriggers being stolen, I spray painted the top lids of mine bright red. It just makes them harder to sell. And it matches the color of my boat so it doesn't look terrible.

Also, hide a SPOT Trace in your boat. It tracks the location of it and you can view it on a webpage or your phone. Can send you a text when the boat is moved.
How big is a spot tracer? Could you fit one inside a kicker motor? It would be a lot of fun to find the thief’s house!

Are their any reliable reasonable cost mostion detector systems? My pilothouse will be locked as well as the gunnel lockers but it would still be nice to scare someone off. I just foresee lots of false alarms with the boat rocking back and forth and banging the dock.

Are their any reliable reasonable cost mostion detector systems? My pilothouse will be locked as well as the gunnel lockers but it would still be nice to scare someone off. I just foresee lots of false alarms with the boat rocking back and forth and banging the dock.

It depends what you want to do. Do you want a motion detector that turns on a light, or one that sounds an alarm or one that transmits a signal. As you are able to lock your pilothouse perhaps you would prefer to use an alarm system that sounds an alarm and turns on a light if the door or lockers are opened.

Back