Alberni sockeye

Heard they were a little bigger this year than last year but who cares, go have some fun horsing those puppies in if you are looking for meat or better yet, use some light gear for some sport fishing!

Fun, could add some trout rods and mini flashers in because 4 rods and 8 flashers is never enough....but I think we'll go to Lasqueti instead this weekend. Will it be worth fishing the inlet after the seine opening on Monday or does that end it?

Lots of info using the "search" feature stosh. Unless something miraculous happened I'm sure the usual gear will be working...

Took a couple of newbs out today.
Fished Nahmint amid ~ 70 boats. On the way back saw over 100 boats fishing between Dunsmuir and Lone Tree.
We had 9 solid hits between 4:30 and 8:30am so it was kinda slow. Not many jumpers.
If you watched the pack of boats closely you would see one landed every 5 or so minutes.
My crew landed 3. Biggest was quite large, there was an average sized one, and we kept a smaller one for the bbq.
We landed less than some but more than most, so I am satisfied. Time to get the kid out there and fill the freezer!
Water was flat.

heard it was a little slower today.. I'm out tomorrow morning...:)

Methinks your timing is Good Buddy!
Seems to be an on one day, slow the next, then back on again the following...
May well be out there myself in a Buddy's Whaler. What rig you running?

Hope you SLAY!! ;)

Cheers!
Nog

Just dumped in Alberni today..pm the channel u are on... :)

Attachments

• 20140621_120543_resized.jpg
    20140621_120543_resized.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 713
We got 6 today. Lost at least 15. We suck. Only sunburns and beer farts could be managed after 9:20. One more go tomorrow.

Nice seeing U on the water Nog.... We were able to pick 9 up this morning but one had to work at.... :)

Attachments

• 20140622_135727_resized.jpg
    20140622_135727_resized.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 913
  • 20140622_135720_resized.jpg
    20140622_135720_resized.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 912
Yup, our land ratio sucked today. Only 7 for I have no idea how many on. Few tripple headers with 0 landed or only 1 landed. There were a few smaller fish early in day that were hitting hard, but falling off at the boat just outside netting range!! I think gill nets work better than barbless hooks for sure.

Yup, our land ratio sucked today. Only 7 for I have no idea how many on. Few tripple headers with 0 landed or only 1 landed. There were a few smaller fish early in day that were hitting hard, but falling off at the boat just outside netting range!! I think gill nets work better than barbless hooks for sure.

few summers back, My buddy and I lost 8 fish in one morning and went home skunked...thanks to barbless hooks and sockeyes` soft mouths.

few summers back, My buddy and I lost 8 fish in one morning and went home skunked...thanks to barbless hooks and sockeyes` soft mouths.

Ya, never understood the barbless reg on a fishery that is a totally retention oriented with no mixed stock interception. Thinking we should be pressing hard to lift this barbless thing from June 15 to July 31. Shame really when you think about the recreational catch compared to the other sectors...we are a small dimple in a larger picture.

We got 8 ratty ones on Sunday. There were several boats fishing between Hocking and Nahmint. Several hundred.

Back