Alberni Inlet 2015

Discussion in '2015 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by fishspoon, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Active Member

Nothing bionic but not hard to catch our limit at China Creek this morning. Lots of jumpers to tease us too:) There is some colour in a few, hope they slide up with the rain.

2. tains

tains Active Member

Fished from 7am until 8:10 got 2 guy limit all nice chrome.

3. big rock

big rock Member

Hello,

Just wondering if the bite is only early morning or is it carrying on through out the day.
    Thx Scott

4. photocopy

photocopy Member

I have found the hard hitting bite starts about 530-600am and goes until 1100am, fish can still be caught throughout the day and into the evening but the catch per effort steadily declines to almost nothing at dark.

5. Out around 7am and worked hard for a limit of 8. We lost a bunch and had trouble hooking them at times so only had a few by noon. Then we found some schools in the afternoon and had some better luck to get our limit. Fun times and great looking fish.
    Thanks for the reports and info on here.

6. photocopy

photocopy Member

Looking at how low the escapement numbers are. Im starting to wonder if the recreational fishery will get shut down?

7. Olde School

Olde School Well-Known Member

Limits still possible with a moderate effort, at anytime of day.
    Locations anywhere between Hocking and Lone Tree.
    We were hitting them as deep as 150' last evening.
    Speeds have been faster than usual this year, but most hits come after a speed change - work the throttle on your kicker.
    Leader lengths not a factor, nor were colours of terminal gear.
    The occasional one was colouring up a bit, but it has been that way since early June.

8. photocopy

photocopy Member

Anyone still catching many out there?

9. firemann911

firemann911 Member

Still lots of fish to be had. Easy limits. The fish are a little darker and you need to fish a little deeper.

10. photocopy

photocopy Member

How deep? Last weekend was hitting hard 75-85? Deeper yet?

11. the fog ducker

the fog ducker Well-Known Member

lots still migrating from barkley in great shape ,

jumpin everywhere , ez limits near the nook first light

fd

12. firemann911

firemann911 Member

I was out yesterday and we had our best success fishing between 75-85ft. Had a friend go out today he told me he was down as deep as 105.

13. fraser5347

fraser5347 Member

Where is the "nook"?
    Thanks

14. scotth

scotth Member

That would be Poetts Nook

15. fraser5347

fraser5347 Member

How long of a run from Port Alberni ?
    Thanks

16. Redfisher

Redfisher Active Member

Out this morning and limited right at China Creek. Started fishing 100' out in front of the marina and made a few passes up towards Port and were done. Fish from 40' right down to 110'.

17. photocopy

photocopy Member

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

18. fraser5347

fraser5347 Member

is there any good spots for lingcod fishing in port?

19. cletus

cletus Member

Not really,they get cleaned out come may 1st.

20. cabazon

cabazon Member

Best sockeye year

IMG_1957.jpg Fish are at all depths but the biters are mostly deep this year... yesterday best at 120 ft. I never fished this deep for sockeye. Quite a few fish with open sores on skin. Sea lice I think. Still a small percentage of big fat silver ones. The fish are generally skinny this year. One of the greatest sockeye catch years ever.