Alberni Inlet 2015

Does anyone have the info on what the FN and commercial opportunities are this week?
I have fished after those openings the past 2 weekends and still had success; hoping for another chance this weekend.

Fished Sat/Sun/Mon. Lots of fish. Didn't see too many spots where there wasn't anywhere between 10 and 20 fish on the sounder. Must be thousands of them. Netters started at 10:00 am Monday and were to fish until Wednesday or until 100,000 fish were caught. Probably still worth going out as there is no way the commercial guys could get them all.

There's lots of fish, none of the commercial or FN fisheries are impacting the recreational catch. Go have fun, its good.

I heard one nice spring was caught yesterday while targeting sockeyes. Plenty of sockeyes out there in the inlet. enjoy!

Quick question if you don't mind, I am heading up to Nootka last week of July and first week of Aug. Never have fished the Alberni Inlet before and the wife and i thought we may check it out for two or three days. Is there still good Sockeye opportunity at that time??

Thanks for your time.

unless they close the inlet for some reason.....like all the fish are being scooped up in nets while they wait for the river to cool down.. Then it should still be good sport fishing then.

Snuck out at 11:30 back at the dock bye 2:00 with 16 socks.. ..took the boat out for a warm up.....:)

Quick question if you don't mind, I am heading up to Nootka last week of July and first week of Aug. Never have fished the Alberni Inlet before and the wife and i thought we may check it out for two or three days. Is there still good Sockeye opportunity at that time??

Thanks for your time.

Yes, probably lots of fish but quality of fish (dark) could be an issue. Lots of fish are starting to turn now. Historically fish would be moving through on a more steadier pace, hence, fresh fish (although lower numbers) would be also coming through on a steadier stream. Not the case now since they're 'backing' up. I might try Nahmint tomorrow to see if there's more chromers. From last week to this week, the quality of fish from the narrows inland has definitely gone down a grade.

All chrome today... they have released some cold water in the river so we could see some sock's heading up the river the next couple days... guess we'll find out tomorrow.....

Very nice pieces today, all chrome from China Creek area. Today we caught some of the larger fish ive pulled so far. Did see other boats pull up a few uglies.

Awesome, I will be there tomorrow AM.
No chance this rain will get them moving up or stop them from being active will it.....?

Was out this morning. 11 to the boat with quite a few lost aswell. Bite was fairly steady throughout the day. All of our fish were bright. Glad to see some rain to help the fish up the river; the rain didn't seem to effect the bite too much.

Back