Air ride or Suspension seats

Roe Bags

Looking for a pair of air ride or real good suspension seats. Reading earlier posts Sculpin said he had some air ride? I know trotac has a few but wondering if anyone knows of any others. Semi truck air ride or suspension seats would work, doesn't need to be only marine seats.

Thanks

Bags

Princess auto , tractor seats. around 150.00 each . need to be sanded and painted every few years. work great for what they are. Its a big leap up to full suspension seats.

beemer

I just purchased a set off Attwood SAS seats, night and day difference in my 18' boat. My body feels like the boat is a foot or two longer now. Air ride wasn't really practical for my boat but these seats allow me to run/cruise my boat faster as well as eliminate the speed adjustments I used to make when crossing wakes or waves. They are rated at 3" travel and 4G's before bottoming out. I think the shop I bought them through has one more set for sale Grey/Blue. Located in Maple Ridge

Air ride all the way. They are not cheap but they are soooo worth it. Just ask firelight :). Every time he is on the boat he say's they are the cat's azz.

The air ride units that are adjustable are the only way to go. I have springs and hydraulic rams and they are very nice seats but not made for boats. Good in a light chop but thats it! I have to warn people who sit on them in swell and regular chop to brace themselves for the seats bottom out and WILL cause back injuries. Lame but better than nothing. Plus I have been replacing broken springs fairly regularly which is a rash. Pretty sure the suspension in my seats were made for trucks. Lame.

So where do I get these cats butt air ride seats. Did u order them out of the u.s? Local supplier? I see bostrom makes some really nice ones but not sure where I could source that locally.

Bentley suspension seats or if you want to go a cheaper route you could use smooth move seats they have a website. You could order suspension seat from Hewescraft direct for around $300 a piece, you need to mount your seat to them.

Bentleys are not air ride seats but they are far safer and nicer than the ones I have!

So where do I get these cats butt air ride seats. Did u order them out of the u.s? Local supplier? I see bostrom makes some really nice ones but not sure where I could source that locally.

Mine are Bostrom's and came with the boat. I'll ask my buddy Goatram where he just bought his. He has them on the Miss Eliza and got them in Washington. They are around 800-1000 per seat and you need a small air compressor kit to go with them. You have to pump them up periodically. I have never bottomed out and the motion is so smooth you barely notice you are going up and down.

The only downside about the high back wide ride, like I have for the captains chair, is that they are too comfortable. It's pretty easy to fall asleep lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks!! I take it your using the regular bostrom air ride seats made for trucks. I see they have a HO division, marine grade type stuff.

Ok thanks!! I take it your using the regular bostrom air ride seats made for trucks. I see they have a HO division, marine grade type stuff.

Yes, they are truck seats. My cabin is fully enclosed and the seats are over 8 years old. The bases could use a minor paint touch up but that is it. They work great. I don't see the need to spend the extra money on the marine grade seats in my situation.

I work at a heavy truck dealership and can sell you black National 2000 seats for about $500 each new. Really nice leather Bostrom Proride 2 seats go for around $900 each. Google those and pm me if youre interested. You will need a little compressor, i should be able to track one down as well.

I work at a heavy truck dealership and can sell you black National 2000 seats for about $500 each new. Really nice leather Bostrom Proride 2 seats go for around $900 each. Google those and pm me if youre interested. You will need a little compressor, i should be able to track one down as well.

Good info Skipjack. Thanks for posting :).

Princess auto , tractor seats. around 150.00 each . need to be sanded and painted every few years. work great for what they are. Its a big leap up to full suspension seats.

beemer

I noticed they are in the latest Princess Auto flyer reg 150 bucks on for 80 bucks I think. Not sure exact dates of sale as I threw out the flyer.

This is the seat I put in my Alumaweld 3 or 4 yrs ago http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Seats/Universal-Tractor-Seat-with-Suspension/8032915.p (Cant remember exactly when) I replaced all the bolts with stainless and gave the metal work a couple of coats of Tremclad.

They have two coil springs and one shock. It is NOT as good as an air ride-- but look at the difference in price . And in a real snotty sea, they will bottom out (but I am close to the weight limit the manufacturer set---damn!) There is a weakness in lateral support, but so far this has not been a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back