Advice on first boat

Can't say that I know much about it, but way back when I was looking, I was cautioned that the trailer can be the hardest thing to import.

Lots of information about that in the archives here a couple members have done it more than once it's not hard at all.

Send a PM to Peahead if he doesn't answer here he knows all about it.

You'll have to pay taxes just like any other used boat. I am not sure about duties on used items.

Easy peasy. I did it - took 20 minutes to get through the border with all customs stuff done - taxes paid etc.
I used the attached as a general guide - very helpful. Have a look at it and if you have any specific questions, send me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call to discuss...

Easy peasy. I did it - took 20 minutes to get through the border with all customs stuff done - taxes paid etc.
I used the attached as a general guide - very helpful. Have a look at it and if you have any specific questions, send me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call to discuss...

I don't see anything attached?

Ditto what Bruce said.... Temp lic from Oregon to get on the road. Border stop was a total of 20 min to go through the bill of sale. Then into Canadian Tire to get the trailer OKed for Canadian roads and regs. Paid both the Federal and Provincial taxes at the border ( KEEP A RECORD OF THIS !)

Thanks guys! Sounds like no one used a customs broker.?

Little side tidbit for you ....Washington and Oregon do not require brakes on both axles of a tandem axle trailer. BC does. The boat I bought in Oregon only had brakes on one axle and the other axle didn't have backing plates, so had to replace the axle before I could install the brakes to be legal in BC. It was interesting that the RIV inspection I had done at Canadian Tire didn't pick this up. All the were interested in was ensuring the trailer had the proper lights - didn't matter whether they were were working or not - and the serial number matched the paperwork.

Thanks guys

Back