Advice on a king fisher 1825

matt benson

Looking for advice on a 1825 king fisher. See what owners think. How it fishes on the ocean. Not looking to run off the west coast but want to fish around nanaimo French Creek, China Creek, Nootka, and sooke. I know you always have to watch the weather but any information you can provide good or bad would be great.

In that size, you will be hard pressed to find a better boat without going up to something like a Silverstreak.

Won't be ideal for bassfishing though. ;)

Looking for advice on a 1825 king fisher. See what owners think. How it fishes on the ocean. Not looking to run off the west coast but want to fish around nanaimo French Creek, China Creek, Nootka, and sooke. I know you always have to watch the weather but any information you can provide good or bad would be great.
I bought a 21ft Riverhawk from Jody at Parker marine....i was worried about the right size....i like fishing same spots as you.....
I'm so happy i got this size....great on the water,super easy to tow and cheap on gas .....the 8ft beam is a dream...
I looked at the smaller boats as well... found them to be a tad small, especially for NOOTKA....
i have a etec 150 0n it and she flies ! think you might like the etec as well....i swapped out from a 150 yamaha it came with...no regrets...
i like having that room on the back to hang out and relax as well as having the room to fight fish...
Hope this helps pal....can't go wrong with any of these choices.....for me it came down to bang for buck
as well as customer service....

I have a 18ft kingfisher and I love it, it has a 110 jet on it and I use in the ocean ,lakes and rivers works great!!

I have a 20ft Kingfisher and love it. I would suggest getting some type of suspension seats as they do pound a bit in chop. Going from the standard pedestal seats to Smooth Moves suspension pedestals made it feel like a whole different boat.

I have an 18 ft. Harbercraft (same hull) with a 100hp yamaha. Had it since 2002. It goes to the coast only for 2-3 weeks every year, the rest of the time on prairie lakes. Oveall, I've been VERY happy with the boat and it has seen some rough stuff. The only word of advice I have.... put trim tabs on it. The ability to get the bow down makes the ride much more enjoyable.

Back