Action Discs

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Forum' started by treblig, Jul 6, 2017.

1. treblig

treblig Active Member

It been very difficult to get out on the salt chuck with the high winds , gusts and white caps. Often I am after the big boys but today a buddy called and asked if I would like to join him on one of our local lake for a few hour. Perfect as I have been going through withdrawal. I decided to use the WiggleFin Action Disc just above a fly . It turned out to be a great call. After two bass and 5 rainbows landed with just as many lost cause we forgot the net . I forgot how much fun it is to fish a small lake with extreme lite tackle. The Action disc created the perfect movement that enticed the bass and rainbow. We used a electric motor and trolled slow were we could see the action on the tip of the rod.

Any lure like a hootchie , fly, or bucktails that have no action on their own. It works great. A friend caught two chinooks last year with these .

Attached Files:

BCRingo and Dogbreath like this.
  2. Seafever

Seafever Well-Known Member

Those a new type of Action Disc?

The old ones didn't have the cut-outs on them..

3. treblig

treblig Active Member

Sorry for the late response . Yes these are new disc as of 2016 . They have allot more action even at slow speeds. When I first had them I felt no way would a fish not be distracted by the disc . It just didn't look right. Well after trouts, bass, pike, walleye and salmon landed we know they work well . An angler just has to cross the line and give it a try.

4. jbv

jbv Member

great tip. where can you get these, never seen them in stores. can be effective with flys as well??

5. treblig

treblig Active Member

I have a huge supply to hand out to fellow angler. You pay the postage I will send you a bunch.

Attached Files: