Ace prawn puller switch nfg

Gong Show

After a bunch of years of fogo service the switch on the prawn puller has become inconsistent.
Does anyone have insight as to replacing or upgrading the switch?

I didn’t have to replace the switch, just the rubber boot. I contacted Ace and they sent me a free replacement. I’d give them a shout, they were really good to deal with!

its a real pita to change the switch. i had to unmount the motor, requiring the hub to be pressed off, and later replaced due to corrosion, remove gear head, dissassemble motor, wire in switch, seal up then re assemble.

next time ill drop it off in nanaimo to the ace guys and let them do it

Thanks for the responses.
I contacted Ace and they mailed me a new switch for free promptly.
No hassle, so big shout out to Ace.
Just hope I have a better experience than fixit with re and re.

if you look at the switch you will see its only rated for 15A and yet Ace wants you to install the puller with a 30A fuse or breaker,
seems to me that switch is going to be an ongoing problem, I have one on its second switch now and when that goes I will be wiring in a foot operated switch that I purchased from another puller Mfg'er
mine has burnt out 2 switches and 1 motor, 1 of those switches was on the second motor too so no change in switches.
I had brought this to their attention and they said they would look into it but I never did hear anything back from them

if you look at the switch you will see its only rated for 15A and yet Ace wants you to install the puller with a 30A fuse or breaker,
seems to me that switch is going to be an ongoing problem, I have one on its second switch now and when that goes I will be wiring in a foot operated switch that I purchased from another puller Mfg'er
mine has burnt out 2 switches and 1 motor, 1 of those switches was on the second motor too so no change in switches.
I had brought this to their attention and they said they would look into it but I never did hear anything back from them

Good info, thank you.
Heard enough mutterings about the switch and that would explain it.

For years I was a big fan of Ace. They offered great service and replaced parts or motors cheaply or free a lot for me. The switch was there downfall and maybe still is. It made me go to a Scotty Puller and I will never go back.

I have gone through a couple switches.....not the end of the world to change. I use tool kote to seal everything up. If I had a smaller boat I would have gone Scotty (had they been out when I bought mine) but I really like not pulling my traps into the side of my boat. The larger boom makes a big difference

Back