Accommodation at Kitimat River

chris73

Hi all, can anyone recommend a nice place to stay for a 6 men group wanting to fish the Kitimat River? We would prefer a place right adjacent to the river but that is not a must. For that matter, it doesn't even have to be the Kitimat, we would be considering any other river with similar salmon/trout opportunities at the end of June in the Skeena/Kitimat region. Appreciate any tips and ideas! Thanks!

Hi all, can anyone recommend a nice place to stay for a 6 men group wanting to fish the Kitimat River? We would prefer a place right adjacent to the river but that is not a must. For that matter, it doesn't even have to be the Kitimat, we would be considering any other river with similar salmon/trout opportunities at the end of June in the Skeena/Kitimat region. Appreciate any tips and ideas! Thanks!
Try Tracy Hittel at Kitimat River Lodge

Try accommodations in Terrace B.C. as well.

That's what we used to do as well. lots of accomodation in Terrace.

.....lots of accomodation in Terrace.
Well I hope you don't end up with the situation we did last time in Terrace-turns out we booked a hotel that also took in rejects off local reserves I understand conditions there are So Bad that the gov't pays people to live in hotels and not the cheapest most run down ones either in case you wondered.

Needless to say these denizens make very poor neighbours/hotel staff couldn't care less and neither does management who fail to respond to both telephone & written complaints.

Choose carefully.

Well I hope you don't end up with the situation we did last time in Terrace-turns out we booked a hotel that also took in rejects off local reserves I understand conditions there are So Bad that the gov't pays people to live in hotels and not the cheapest most run down ones either in case you wondered.

Needless to say these denizens make very poor neighbours/hotel staff couldn't care less and neither does management who fail to respond to both telephone & written complaints.

Choose carefully.

that's sad. It's been quite a few years since we fished the kitimat river and stayed in Terrace. When we were there we didn't spend much time at the motel. just basically a place to crash and store a few things. got in pretty late and left fairly early in the morning. most of the time we were out on the river fishing.
good to know though.
ran into a similar situation in Nanaimo one time and had to ask for our money back and leave about an hr after we checked in. it was just too shady. didn't feel safe at all. usually only stay in fairly reputable motel, hotels now since that situation. it's just not worth it to us anymore to stay in a cheap motel.

that's sad. It's been quite a few years since we fished the kitimat river and stayed in Terrace. When we were there we didn't spend much time at the motel. just basically a place to crash and store a few things. got in pretty late and left fairly early in the morning. most of the time we were out on the river fishing.
good to know though.
ran into a similar situation in Nanaimo one time and had to ask for our money back and leave about an hr after we checked in. it was just too shady. didn't feel safe at all. usually only stay in fairly reputable motel, hotels now since that situation. it's just not worth it to us anymore to stay in a cheap motel.
I hear you. However Tracy owns the Lodge right at the Kitimat River bridge. Good accommodations and a two minute walk to the river

I hear you. However Tracy owns the Lodge right at the Kitimat River bridge. Good accommodations and a two minute walk to the river

sounds like a great place to check out!

Back