A successful hunt -2017

Fixit

IMG_4311.JPG IMG_4315.JPG
Not fishing related but I know there are a lot of hunters on the forum too
Post up your successful hunt stories too please!

Here's my successful sept 2 bow hunt. Region 3 mule buck. After missing a shot on a small 2pt in velvet opening day I was a little bummed. 32 yards and I missed, watched all three of the bachelor group trot off, pause on the crest of the hillside for several minutes then disappear into the timber

Day two I set up in the same spot, a well worn game trail that leads to the timber from the alfalfa fields. 5 am set up by the round bales of hay... 530, getting pretty light out.. watch a doe walk by at 15 yards... 550 now light out getting fidgety..... thinking I should have been in a different spot today but I stick to it.... 556am. I hear some noise in the long grass to my right, buck walks out... I draw and have to take a step to the left( which spooks the buck). He takes several quick steps, then pauses (wtf was that he's thinking??!?). 30 yard pin settles on his chest and thwap.......

Last edited:
Been eons since I hunted but I certainly respect your success and with a bow too. :cool:

Good stuff and well done.

Take care.

Nice !! Be some awesome early season meat there Fixit.

First set up of the year, yesterday morning, 2 guys, days limit, now clean.

Attachments

• IMG_3505.JPG
    IMG_3505.JPG
    282.4 KB · Views: 85
Good job on your bow muley, fresh chops. Boats away now as hunting season has started. My first passion. Leave Sat for my 3 month hunt, retirement present. Can't wait. Hope for a grizz, could be awhile before I get another tag and a mounted bear.

HM

Congrats on some good eating there !
Nice to see some archery tags getting cut.....:D

Back