a good mooching rod for salmon?

U

unclesamy

Im looking for a quality mooching rod between the prices of 100-200 dollars any info is appreciated

Convergence is indeed OK for the bucks. I prefer a Fenwick HMX-3 in 11 foot for salmon - a little beefier, super senstive, and only slightly more $$.
For light, try St. Croix. Can't be beat in the 10.5 foot, but be VERY careful when taking on springs. Coho, steelies and down EXCELLENT! But again, a few more bucks.

Tight Lines...

Convergence is indeed OK for the bucks. I prefer a Fenwick HMX-3 in 11 foot for salmon - a little beefier, super senstive, and only slightly more $$.
For light, try St. Croix. Can't be beat in the 10.5 foot, but be VERY careful when taking on springs. Coho, steelies and down EXCELLENT! But again, a few more bucks.

Tight Lines...

Tight Lines...

I agree with convergence for the money, bought 2 thinking I would upgrade later, and I still haven't bothered. I do like the fenwick hmx line of rods as well.

LOL... His name is Scavenger.... Digging up posts from 12 years ago.

Irony at its finest :D

Lol don't worry about it, it happens with the search function

Where does the Technium rods come in and what weight for downrigger fishing? Need a new rod and reel as well. Thanks;) eman

Fibreglass if you're talking a dedicated rod for mooching, softer action helps when a fish bites (if rod is in the holder), it gives you a split second longer in many cases before the fish shakes the hook.

Back