60 hp Yamaha Enduro

Captain Dudds

Anyone know much about this motor? I've never heard of an Enduro before, but saw one on a boat I was looking at. From what I understand its a commercial model (whatever that means), is carburated, and is not oil injected so mixed gas tanks.

Any mechanics out there have any knowledge or experience with them?

Thanks

Captain Dudds

I did quite a bit of research on them last year before putting down a deposit on one, but then canceled it all when the boat it was going to go on broke the transom.

They are commercial motors, 3 cyl. Commercial means they have no extras on them, no power tilt, etc etc. (things that can go wrong) everything is basically mechanically operated.

yup they are,
i started the one up we were looking at and it took two pulls,
it wasnt very pretty either lol

I've used an Enduro 40 a fair bit. There is nothing 'extra' about them. Not the most fuel efficient engines when compared to more modern technology but these are true 'nuts and bolts' bare bones engines. If I was going into someplace remote this is the engine I would want to have (we used them on river trips fro moose).

The 60 enduro i used on my herring skiff for YEARS took a beating and never let me down! It was tiller, electric start on the handle with charging system.....Great motors.

I have used a Enduro 60 with a tiller and electric start as well. Tough engine, lots of power, reliable, a very good two stroke, and probably you can pick one up used for pretty cheap.

IMHO they are or were one of the best motors ever made.Like most things if they are well looked after they will look after you. If buying used usually the cowling will tell you if it has been abused or not.

Back