!50 Mercury Optimax

esora

Wondering if anyone might know the alarm codes for a 1998 Mercury Optimax, seems this one is beeping 4 times and the alarm panel says motor alarm. The dealer can't seem to find anything wrong and was reluctant to give out the codes.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Can you hook it up to a Mercury Smartcraft module?

gonefishingsign.gif

its weird how the dealer is not wanting to give the codes out?
i found this online hoep it helps

My 2005, 150 Mercury Optimax started sounding the 4 beep alarm at 2 minute intervals indicating water in the fuel or low oil level. The fuel/water separator did not indicate any water, the external oil tank is full and cap sealed, and I topped of the internal oil tank (run engine with cap loosened). With that, the alarm continues to sound.

Hi , I am not sure what you mean by codes? The number of beeps on a Opti are always 4 . The more frequent the beeps usually the more serious the problem. Your mechanic should possess a scanner so he can look at the codes , not sure that you can access them without the scanner.If you are not losing power replace the PVC? valve. It is usually the culprit,cheap fix. If you have backfiring check your filters for water in the fuel and change your filter under the cowling. If you have severe loss of power it may be your head gasket.Hope this helps.

What is going on--- look at the posting dates!

yes your right, the index order is all muffed up, showing old posts and not in date order any more. Database is being sorted by alphabetical order of the title and not date order any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back