4 hp yamaha 4 stroke

bigmeal

has anyone had any experience with this motor (2008)? I am thinking of putting it on my 14.5 hourston open camp. I would have to get some money together, but does anyone think this would be a viable solution to my kicker needs. quiet, fuel efficient and dependable (definitely not cheaper). thanks

4hp will be a stretch in any kind of wind/tide situation...
i would look at a 6hp min.
probably not a great difference as far as price ?

4hp will be a stretch in any kind of wind/tide situation...
i would look at a 6hp min.
probably not a great difference as far as price ?

Price wise probably a hundred or two bucks.The 4hp may rev a bit to keep up with the tide[more noise]The 6hp may be the same weight??

Price wise probably a hundred or two bucks.The 4hp may rev a bit to keep up with the tide[more noise]The 6hp may be the same weight??

But I should mention,If it is the same c.c. how can they charge 200-300 more for a cast carb that is 10mm larger???I don't get it..[B)]

But I should mention,If it is the same c.c. how can they charge 200-300 more for a cast carb that is 10mm larger???I don't get it..[B)]

that's crazy eh? They're counting on guys not doing the research! thanks for the heads up guys

that's crazy eh? They're counting on guys not doing the research! thanks for the heads up guys

thanks tyee slayer, I think I am going to go ahead and get the yamaha 4 hp as I feel that my boat is light enough for it to do the job (after talking to tubbed out). I will keep an eye out for this problem and hopefully I won't have the same experience.

I also have the 4hp yam....if your motor hydraulics again,turn the fly wheel counter clockwise for half a turn or so. It should be ready to go,if not,turn it a little more. It will smoke a bit at first, but no need to pull plug! Hope this helps next time!

Back