I'll have my boat moored not far from Brentwood Bay at that time. I don't need a ride, but would be happy to tag along.

Gooey

Umm, I would be interested in seeing some new terrain and tactics. Plus I have most of the end of July off.

I'd like to have a crack at some lings - never caught any before my self send me an e if you like I'm in Victoria happy to run up to shawagian lake area

I have plans for the 23rd, but the other Sunday dates are fine. I guess tides may be a consideration. It's nice of you to offer. :)

Well I am on a charter at Renfrew July 18 and then in Vancouver the July 22nd weekend.
I will do my best to try and make openings if a date is set. What would be a best bet for gear? Might have to borrow my dad's giant wood reel (Peets?) if we're going really deep.
Sounds like a cool meet and greet eh?

knucklebuster, thank you very much for the gesture but unfortunetly im out of town (duncan :p) until the 25h of July..thank you very much though i really appreciate the invitation. Would you mind posting a some pics once you get out! (of the fish not location :p)

I should be clear - just checked and I'm clear for any of those dates rock on - i mean fish on
never caught ling before got heavy boat rod though let me know what I need to bring - besides my big arse

I'm off to Nootka on the 9th but the other two sundays look free.
Keep us posted as to which day you pick.

Double CRAP!
I'll be up north on the 30th. :(

Knuckles, I'm trying to send you something but can't do it through the e-mail link off of this site. Likely a problem of mine......Could you try sending me your address???

Booked 30th I'm all set have wedding (not mine ha ) to got to on sat but I won't drink TOooo much I promise don't want to chum the ocean eh?

I'm markig the 30th of July as "Catch a Ling Day". [8D]

How much weight you figure?

Knuckles, I'm told that there is indeed a small government wharf quite near the ferry terminal at Swatz Bay, at the end of Dolphin Road. Looking at my handy, dandy waterproof chart, the government wharf appears to be somewhere between the ferry terminal and Canoe Cove Marina.

Yikes, I'm such a dork! My wife has plans for us that weekend so unfortunatly I'm going to miss out.
Good luck for those going and have a great time!

ooohhh I feel special now almost a celiberty of sorts.

Any way 30 july catch a ling day sounds good to me
Thanks

I'll get set up

I'll bring one giant foam hand and relocate the finger to the middle for our "yachty" friends

Back