24 Boston whaler hardtop.

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Ruxton Sun, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Ruxton Sun

Ruxton Sun New Member

The other day I was out off the flat tops getting my Christmas prawns, we were in a little bay having lunch. This whaler with 3 Chinese came from south arm right up to our gear and was checking out my buddies gear as well. Went out and got between our gear and his boat, didn't say a word and they were jigging to boot.
    This back and forth crap went on for awhile, they finally headed back to the river. How is it you can have a 250000$ boat and you gotta steal prawns and crabs.?
    These guys don't seem to be capable of doing it legally. And this no speaky English is absolute bullshit.
    Next time I'm out I'm going to be packing my 12 bore, I'm tired of these trap raiders. You can't screw around with the red necks!

2. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

take a pic of the boat and the numbers on the boat and report them...when there is enough noise something will be done,.. currently there is about 3 boats up to 35 ft plus that have no C number or any numbers on them doing cod charters ect..bad news for everyone...

leaseman and Cuba Libre like this.
  3. Old Blue

Old Blue Active Member

I've heard reports from others on this boat. Carries a net without any mesh so they can grab buoys easy.

4. PatyO'Furniture

PatyO'Furniture Active Member

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  5. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

is that a blue decal on that Boat??

6. Reeltime

Reeltime Well-Known Member

Not on Facebook maybe paste a pic on here.

7. Old Blue

Old Blue Active Member

8. PatyO'Furniture

PatyO'Furniture Active Member

Here's a screenshot

Attached Files:

Reeltime likes this.
  9. Cmiles

Cmiles Active Member

Pretty unique boat shouldn't be hard to find I'll keep my eyes open

10. Old Blue

Old Blue Active Member

11. cracked_ribs

cracked_ribs Well-Known Member

Parasites.

ILHG likes this.
  12. Stizzla

Stizzla Well-Known Member

Their boat is properly named. After stealing our stuff, we are back to square one!
    See you in hell gentlemen.

13. Stizzla

Stizzla Well-Known Member

Also, thanks to Ruxton Sun and PatyO'Furntiture for calling them out and exposing them.

14. Ken J

Ken J Member

The above webpage is dated 2017-09-05. Notice FN1257 dated Dec 4, 2017 changes the closure to only 28-1 & 28-2.
    http://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=203600&ID=all

15. fishin solo

fishin solo Well-Known Member

Saw that boat floating around when we were prawning couple months back. Good to know. We kept are eye on are traps figured they were doing the same???

16. sea envy

sea envy Member

A sling shot with some ball bearings would due a great deal of damage to all that beautiful glass. And I bet it would get a great message across aswell. I have one aboard my boat.

cracked_ribs, nicnat and ChilliSpoons like this.
  17. sea envy

sea envy Member

Forgot to mention. It’s a 28’ Whaler.

18. Fixit

Fixit Well-Known Member

same guys (i think) that drop 12+ traps all the way up howe sound. big yellow floats. found one floating at up by anvil, barely an inch above water. when i asked to talk to the owner of the prawn trap - no speak english, no prawn traps. i confirmed the number again to make sure i hadnt missdialed... so i reported to DFO the multiple traps with same number and no name

19. cracked_ribs

cracked_ribs Well-Known Member

If you have something like that on board, just make sure you don't drop it over the side. It would sink to the bottom of the ocean and nobody would ever see it again. It would be like you never had it.

20. ryanb

ryanb Active Member

Same boat seen dropping prawn traps in closed glass sponge area. Politely informed them of their error, of course "no speaky engrish " was their response. Anyone know where the boat is moored?